Tattu R-Line 1300mAh 100C HV LiPo Review

Discussion on reviews of all things related to electric-powered models

Tattu R-Line 1300mAh 100C HV LiPo Review

Postby vickyace » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:53 am

When I review niche products like this Tattu R-Line 4s HV LiPo battery, it is very hard to find an exciting introduction. I already rewrote the first sentence three times and still didn’t find something satisfying…

In nutshell, LiHV batteries are like nitro for racing cars. While standard LiPo packs can be charged with up to 4.2V/cell, the Tattu R-Line HV LiPo allows you to charge it up to 4.35V per cell safely. Consequently, a standard fully charged 4s LiPo has 16.8V and an HV has 17.4V. Furthermore, theoretically, LiHV can store more energy than LiPo per unit of weight.

In addition to the higher voltage, the Tattu 4S1P High Voltage Lipo Battery Pack comes with the ultra-high discharge rate of 100C.

Tattu R-line 100C, 4S, High Voltage Li-Po battery review

Disclosure: I received this HV LiPo pack as part of a product review collaboration with Gens Ace. Although the battery was offered for free, all opinions in this article remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the partner.

Tattu 1300mAh 100C HV lipo battery first look

As usual for Gens Ace, the battery comes well packed with charging plug protector and safety instruction. At first look, no visual difference between the standard 95C and the HV 100C LiPo pack.

Battery pack measures around 75 x 35.5 x 33 mm (L, W, H) and weights 163 grams. Size and weight is comparable to other LIPOs with the same capacity.

Designed for professional racing drones;
Higher max voltage than standard LiPo packs (4.35v/cell instead of 4.2/cell);
Better storage capacity than comparable size packs;
No memory effect;
Minimum of 1300 mAh storage capacity;
4 cells of 3.8v. Total voltage of 15.2V;
Ultra high discharge rate of 100C;
Max Burst discharge Rate: 200C;
JST-XH charging plug;
XT60 discharge (drone) plug;
Net Weight: 163 grams (±20g);
Dimensions: 75 x 35.5 x 33 mm (L, W, H).

You might wonder to over-charge a normal LiPo to higher voltage like this Tattu 100C HV allows. My suggestion would be DON’T even try it! It would dramatically shorten your LiPo’s life or even cause fire.

If you are using mixed type of LIPOs (normal and HVLi), also keep in mind to always check the charger’s end voltage. It needs to be manually set according to your LIPO battery type. Chargers are unable to detect whether you have plugged in high voltage or regular LiPo.

Tattu High Voltage Li-Po battery review: Test

Prior to my test, I performed a Break-in procedure, which is recommended for new LIPOs. This consists in 5 gentle charging/discharge cycles.

Recently, I received a QUAD PORT RC charger for review, which is not just compatible with HV LIPOs, but also can charge simultaneously 4 types of battery. I also ordered a thermal probe, which allowed me to monitor the LiHV battery’s temperature during charging/discharging.

As you can see in the comparison table bellow, the HV 100C finished the charging process with higher storing capacity. The end voltage was also higher with 0.6 volt compared to standard LiPo. Both batteries remained?cold (~21 °C) during the charge.

For the real world test, I used my FuriBee GT 215 drone, which can be powered from 4s to 6s LIPOs. Due to the poor weather conditions I managed to have only two short test flight (one with each type of LiPo). Frankly, I found only a slight difference between regular and the LiHV. The performance increase was negligible, at least for me. If you really need higher speed, it is smarter to switch from 4s to 5s (of course if your drone accepts it).

Those who need advantages of a high voltage LiPo battery, this one can be ordered with 15% off from here (delivery from both, US and EU, is available).

Pros

Higher voltage than regular LiPo;
100C, ultra high discharge rate;
More power on same weight.

Cons

Needs dedicated charger.
vickyace

Re: Tattu R-Line 1300mAh 100C HV LiPo Review

Postby StevenRiley » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:30 am

Empowerment for the chunks and ease is filed for the turns for the goals. Payment of the field and https://www.allessayvikings.com/review-on-bestessay-com/ is accentuated for the goals. Its impact is signed out for the top of the ray for alyssum items for humans.
StevenRiley

Postby Abelloyd » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:16 pm

Do you want to open multiples website with one click than i will suggest you a best url opener website link which makes your work too easy and save your time. I am 100% sure that you will like this Multiple website (Urls) opener. This is very useful and time saver for those people who are doing SEO work.
Abelloyd

Postby TaraTrevino » Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:25 am

A model review is undertaken for the range for the near future. The purpose of the Plumber Scottsdale is opted for the goals. The passage is filed for the mutual way out for the use of the model in the hoisting of the chunks.
TaraTrevino

Postby Whitneyodriguez » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:16 pm

MP3 technologies are geared towards simplifying the process of storing, sharing and playing music. For convert to mp3 file reason there is a virtually infinite number of ways to use your computer to copy files from one place to another.
Whitneyodriguez

Postby Mathew32 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:28 am

It is really challenging for me to come up with a captivating introduction when undertale yellow reviewing specialized products like this Tattu R-Line 4s HV LiPo battery. I've already gone through the first sentence three times and am still at a loss for words.
Mathew32

Postby jeffreestar » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:56 am

As expected from Gens Ace, the Tattu R-Line HV LiPo arrives meticulously packaged, with mapquest driving directions complete with a charging plug protector and safety instructions.
jeffreestar

Postby linda68 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:44 am

Gens Ace brings a difference again! The Tattu R-Line HV LiPo comes meticulously packaged, complete with That's Not My Neighbor a charging plug protector and clear safety instructions.
linda68

Postby timothyferriss » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:12 am

Introducing a review for niche products like the Tattu R-Line 4s HV LiPo battery can indeed be backpack battles challenging, but let's aim for an engaging start.
timothyferriss

Return to Electric (motors, batteries, ESCs, chargers etc)