bearing replacement

Glow/Nitro and gas engines, propellers, fuel and other stuff associated with making lots of noise and thrust.

bearing replacement

Postby PLaurence » Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 am

Hi All,

I watched Bruce's video on bearing replacement. I''ve been out of the hobby for a while and decided to replace berings on some of my 20 yr old OS engines.
the process went smoothly on the OS SF engines. I'm having a hard time on a OS F-SR.
I can' seem to remove the con rod from the crank pin. I've soaked it,heated it etc, but it will only move halfway and then bind.

Any help is appreciated.
PLaurence

Re: bearing replacement

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:41 am

Remove the cylinder head and liner, this will allow you to move the con rod and piston laterally without binding.
If you've already done that use a wooden wedge behind the con rod from the piston end to lever it off. Lubricate behind near the crank, move the con rod backwards and forwards on the pin lubricating both ends and rotating the crank.
It will come off!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Re: bearing replacement

Postby PLaurence » Tue May 29, 2012 12:41 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:Remove the cylinder head and liner, this will allow you to move the con rod and piston laterally without binding.
If you've already done that use a wooden wedge behind the con rod from the piston end to lever it off. Lubricate behind near the crank, move the con rod backwards and forwards on the pin lubricating both ends and rotating the crank.
It will come off!

thanks for your reply. yes, I did remove the sleeve. I'll try your suggestion
PLaurence

Return to IC Engines