Fuel Tank Setup: Help!

Glow/Nitro and gas engines, propellers, fuel and other stuff associated with making lots of noise and thrust.

Fuel Tank Setup: Help!

Postby Bruce8 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:11 pm

HI guys bit of a noob here with this fuel tank. I am wondering why the rubber black bung has 4 holes in it on one side but none on the other. What is the metallic fuel clunk for? How do I use it? I am not using a cowl therefore I don't think I need a 3 line setup . Is the screw there to block this line? What are the aluminium pipes for? 2 are of the same size and one is longer. Please help me!!
Bruce8

Re: Fuel Tank Setup: Help!

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Long, long time since I flew with liquid fuels (40 years, only option) But I do remember the clunk bit is to keep the fuel line in the fuel whatever orientation the aircraft is in...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby quarry44 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:59 pm

here ya go:
https://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&s ... B512%3B384

This seems an awfully long link,just copy and paste to your browser search bar.
quarry44

Postby AshleyB32 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:31 pm

the rubber plug has 4 holes on one side only so u can decide how many you need in your case sounds like u only need 2 of the holes use 2 opposite from each other, 1 for fuel the other for exhaust pressure. There should be a screw and a little round plastic peace with 4 holes in it, the plastic washer go on on the inside of the tank rubber plug and the screw screws in from the front you put it all together in the tank then do up the screw and it makes a seal in the tank and on the aluminum pipes, The long peace of aluminum is for the exhaust pressure your need to bend it so when it's through a hole in the rubber its at the top of that tank as per the pic in the link. One of the shorter ones is for the fuel out to the motor want to push that through the rubber plug so there's even pipe on both sides then u want a peace of fuel tubing and the chunk, put the chunk in one end of the tube then u want to cut the tube to length so when it's in the tank pushed onto the aluminum pipe it swings in the tank just short of the tank u want it to move freely check the pick in the link, this is used so when you fly upside down or wherever there is still fuel getting to the motor . Hope this helps, if your still not sure check out you tube there's some videos on there

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?hl=en&c ... =149&ty=82
AshleyB32

Return to IC Engines