25-30A ESC for AXN Floater

Motors, speed controllers, batteries and other e-power stuff

Re: 25-30A ESC for AXN Floater

Postby cynr100 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:02 pm

From my limited science knowledge :D

Black is a good absorber of light wavelengths, absorb enough and you will generate heat eg black poly pipe roof mounted to heat a swimming pool. As to disipation from a "heat generator" I would doubt that, the mechanism of absorption would need to be reversed.
The best way to disipate heat is to increase the surface area and use a reflective colour (normally silver), HobbyKing now sell heat sinks. Good ventilation and a finned heat sink would be a more efficient method.
But hey, if it works :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:11 pm

Physics 101 black body radiation, a black body does radiate heat better than silver for instance.
Conversely it also absorbs heat better too.
So it radiates better but only cools when not being bombarded with light or infra red radiation it can absorb.
So in the shade it will have a better heat dissipation.
But forcing air through finned heat sinks will work a lot better in our situation.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Flash1940 » Sat May 10, 2014 5:59 am

Maybe one of those tiny CPU fans would work. The inside of a Bixler resembles one of those small foam beer coolers !!!
Flash1940

Previous

Return to Electric Power Systems