Apprentce S15E

If you didn't have to build it then you can talk about it here.

Apprentce S15E

Postby lefty8415 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Has any one tried or used the Apprentice S15E? On paper and Video it looks great and doze it live up to the hype, and is it the ultimate trainer?,
lefty8415
lefty8415

Re: Apprentce S15E

Postby leo-rcc » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:58 am

I have the Apprentice without the SAFE technology. It is a very easy plane to fly with, but a bit lacking in the power department. It makes for long flighttimes and smooth flying in low wind conditions but when the wind picks up it really struggles with headwind and nearly blows away with tailwind. Still unless you panic it is one of the most forgiving planes I've ever flown. I have about 12-14 hours of flight time in with the Apprentice and not crashed once. I only had to replace the prop once because of some high grass. That and the small wheels require a field with short grass or just a smooth compact surface.

If you have an instructor the SAFE technology is not really necessary, if you are learning on your own it can help out. I'd still advise on getting trained with an instructor, so you won't learn yourself bad habits or overly rely on the SAFE tech to save your aircraft.
leo-rcc

Postby lefty8415 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:38 am

Thanks again leo-rcc I don't have any fix wing experience at all so I think this is the way to go for me. I will go ahead get it a order coming. Thanks..
lefty8415
lefty8415

Postby leo-rcc » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:09 pm

You're welcome. Good luck and happy flying!
leo-rcc

Return to ARF and RTF Models