Hobbyking Busy Bee RTF...

If you didn't have to build it then you can talk about it here.

Hobbyking Busy Bee RTF...

Postby coronarc.nz » Thu May 06, 2010 12:28 am

Hobbyking's email help system is less than useless! I email them asking quite seriously saying that I will buy the model from them if they can provide me with the correct size of battery for the model - and the common response back, is "Sorry, we are not trained to answer your question....!" How friggn useless is that! All they have to do is open a box, and get a tape measure or ruler on the battery hole!

So, if anyone has bought one of the Busy bee planes, could you please tell be the dimesions of the battery box so that i can order the correct size battery with the model! Thanks in advance!
Roger
coronarc.nz

Re: Hobbyking Busy Bee RTF...

Postby coronarc.nz » Fri May 07, 2010 5:10 am

coronarc.nz

Postby Daedalus » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 am

Daedalus

Postby JBC » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:51 am

if it doesn't state on the specs what the correct battery is and I really like the model then I just usually buy it and wait till it arrives and try chuck some of my other batts in. If still no luck then I just order some batts on my next HK order, not the best system I know but it works for me :)
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Postby Roger » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Am I to understand then that the physical dimensions of the Lipoly batterys determine the battery capacity... therefore batterys' of the same capacity should have the same dimensions. Ie you can't get a 1300mah battery in two different shapes... right?
Roger

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:27 pm

Only up to a point. It's the available surface area on the plates that dictate the capacity really. This means that if the plates are etched or textured so that there's a greater total surface area for a given area of plate then the capacity will be higher.

I have a collection of 1300mAH lipos here (which all measured pretty close) but which vary in size and weight by about 30% from smallest to largest.

Also, the C-rating will have an effect because if the plates are too thin, the battery can't deliver a high C-rating without puffing -- they just get too hot.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby brett657 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:04 am

Nice Model....You truly get what you want in this model. While it really shows the amount of time makers spent in making this model. The pieces are formed and fit with an amazing amount of precision and this turned out to be a beautiful model that is closer to the real thing.I must say that this is one of the best models that I have seen in a long time. 8-)
Brett Wilson
Find more info at Nitrotek.nl
brett657

Return to ARF and RTF Models