Slope Soaring NQ

DLG, slope-soarers, thermal soarers and other craft that don't need no steenken engines!

Slope Soaring NQ

Postby cynr100 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:25 am

When I got into this hobby I never considered gliders (whimpy things with long wings), I wanted power and to go fast. Then I went with the group to Butchers Creek N/Qld just to have a look :o :shock: ......................... :D now I can't wait to get my first dynamic soarer :lol: :lol:
Check it out...................just wish I has something better than a keyfob :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yZehZjOaMc
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: Slope Soaring NQ

Postby iflylilplanes » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Have a quick look at this video, a slope glider no power doing circuits at over 400 mph. go to 4.11 you can see the glider's circuits ... http://youtu.be/rfoxjNg-eg0 I have flown slope gliders at Otford, one slope back from Stanwell park hang-glider slope, lots of fun, my favorite maneuver was to climb to around 200 meters and out 200 meters and aim for myself, at 50 feet away I would turn the glider on it's side and pull full up elevator, the glider would finish a 180 degree 10 feet in front of me level out and drop softly on the grass at my feet. That glider was a free plan out of Aeromodeller magazine called Bluebottle, we clocked it at 170 kph in straight and level flight.
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Re: Slope Soaring NQ

Postby iflylilplanes » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 am

Have you been to the slope again?
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Return to Gliders