a thread or topic for simulators?

Did you dumb-thumb it or was luck just not on your side. Whatever the reason, tell us all about your (or other's) crashes here.

a thread or topic for simulators?

Postby ransideous » Wed May 26, 2010 6:49 pm

please? :roll:
ransideous

Re: a thread or topic for simulators?

Postby Flatstrap » Thu May 27, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi,
I have used FMS briefly and it's quite simple. It is very basic but it will get your thumbs trained up, oh and it's free too.
If you're looking for something with a little more eye candy the ClearView (http://rcflightsim.com/)is a good choice and reasonably priced. You can fly planes, choppers and I think it even supports cars. You can download various models from around the web and it comes with a bunch pre-programmed. I have been using this for a while, I think you can download a demo that lasts about half an hour. I like it because you can change the wind direction and set the gusts strength. It's not like real flying but it is very good for training your brain/thumbs. It also gives you the opportunity to try out a bunch of models to see what you like, there are biplanes, jets even 3D stunt planes if you're into that.

Getting your radio to talk to the PC is generally not that difficult. One method, if your radio supports it, is to get a stereo lead that you can plug from your radio into your PC's sound card. I actually have a USB trainer type radio that came with my Electrafun XP2 kit. Vista 64 and Windows 7 (64bit) detects that no worries, I do have to calibrate the radio in the software every time I start it up though.

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask any questions I've been using Clearview for about a year.

Cheers
Flatstrap
Flatstrap

Re: a thread or topic for simulators?

Postby GeicoGecko » Sat May 29, 2010 1:55 pm

In terms of value for money, accuracy of physics and the ability to use your own transmitter I have to recommend Phoenix http://www.phoenix-sim.com/welcome.htm

From my research I understand it's the best for Heli pilots. I'm a fixed wing flyer and have never had any complaints.
GeicoGecko

Return to Crashes