FlySky 9x tx

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

FlySky 9x tx

Postby jchtr3a » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:20 pm

I bought a Flysky 9x because I was tired of waiting for the Turnigy at HK. Paid a bit more, but I have it and that's that. As I understand it the FlySky and Turnigy are the same, just different brand names. The reason I bought the 9x was in order to take advantage of the extra channels for retracts and flaps, and for the 3 position switch, which is necessary for a FY 30a stabilizer. It operates in 3 modes Off-Stabilization-and 3D. I cannot figure out how to program the TX 3 pos. switch to operate it.
If anyone has done this, or knows how to do it, I need the "TX programming for Dummies" edition of the steps involved. There may be some simple step I'm missing, or perhaps it is as complex as it seems to me now.
jchtr3a

Re: FlySky 9x tx

Postby cynr100 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:34 pm

I purchased the same for the same reason.
Try here http://9xforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=37
I have converted mine to er9x firmware via a SmartieParts board, this opens up a whole new world for programming of the Tx. Go to http://9xforums.com/forum/index.php?sid ... 28a1e7e849 to find out the possibilities available, programming can be done via pc and flashed to the Tx very handy when doing complex programmes, assistance from forum members is very good.

Unfortunately that is all I can help with, the most complex programming I did with the stock firmware was a 3ch delta :P .

Have a look through viewforum.php?f=44 alot of digging and reading but you will find that with a little modification your Tx will be more than what you paid for.

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby jchtr3a » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a look. Just did put the backlight in my TX. I was very proud of myself, as I have never had the courage to open the case on any electronic device. Changing over to the other software may be a little advanced for me. I'm going tp keep dumbing around with it and perhaps I will find the solution.
jchtr3a

Postby cynr100 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:57 am

Not sure how you are going with this. Have done a bit of reading and searching anyway and looks like you program the 3 pos switch as a sub mix using gear channel 5, that being the top right most paddle switch. Then create 3 sub mixes for the gear channel, one for each switch position, I don't know the values you need to enter only that in the mix menu you allocate the switch position eg PO1 or PO2 or PO3.
Did you get a manual with your FlySky if not PM me an email address and I'll send one.

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby jchtr3a » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a go. Got a manual, but as with all manuals it really dosn't address the topic. Also it's very hard to understand in spots. Chinese to English doesn't seem to translate that well.
jchtr3a

Postby cynr100 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:09 am

Sorry, I labelled the positions incorrectly they should be ID0,ID1,ID2 and they should be the option selections in the sub mix.
cynr100

Postby jchtr3a » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:03 pm

OK,you inspired me and I got serious about this. Fiddled with the radio--tried mixes, submixes, aux this and aux that. I was at the verge of needing a few "mixes" of the liquid kind. Just would not work. By accident I replugged the FY30A into channel 5. Was trying every switch on the bloody radio, and eureka the gear switch turned the thing off, and then switched it back on. Now, it's not on the 3 position switch, but I have "off" manual mode, and "on" flight stabilization. I am happy with that. I don't really understand the "3D" mode anyway----so I can do without it, at least for now. Thanks for your help. I am a happy camper, flyer, pilot. Always said I'd rather be lucky than good.
Winter down under I guess, but hot as hades here. We've had a very dry hot summer here. Unusual for us. Normal is mid 80's with a lot of rainy days. This year, clear bright days and high 90's.
Cheers :D
jchtr3a

Postby cynr100 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:04 am

Glad to be of some help :D ...........consider upgrading the firmware (er9x etc) at some time in the future :D :D
cynr100

Postby jchtr3a » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:52 pm

I am still basking in the glow of my success in getting the FY30A to work. Now I am going to try to install it in my Spitfire. Got an Art Tech Spitfire as a gift-well more of a "you've got nothing to do, so here, you used to enjoy this, so go off somewhere and stay out of my way" thing from my wife. She is not used to me being home all the time--and I did need something to occupy me. So here is what I have to do. The plane has no hatch on the top, except up near the motor where it and the battery share a rather small space. No room there for the FY30A. Also too close to the motor and vibration. The electronics are all mounted in the bottom of fuselage, but only accessible when the wing is removed. I figure I need a hatch on the top side for the FY30A, and perhaps to make all the bits easily accessible. Sooooo I'm contemplating removing the canopy (which is glued in place) removong the little pilot and pilot seat, and mounting the 30a there. The little pilot's feet dangle into the fuselage space where the ESC. RX, and servos are, so I could get the wires through without having to make a hole. But, I would need to make the canopy somehow removable and replaceable, and very securely fastened on. It is a very flimsy plastic, so it is going to be hard. Also thought I may cut into the foam in front of it and behind it, and then along both sides of the canopy, and have a hatch like most of the aircraft I see. I'm just a bit leary of going that route as I don't want to bodge it up. So I am still in the planning stage. Any ideas?
Attachments
My Spitfire.jpg
My Spitfire.jpg (53.49 KiB) Viewed 25222 times
jchtr3a

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:26 am

Cut into the foam, use cardboard or paper templates to ensure your hatch is symmetrical and make 90 degree cuts with a sharp knife.
You could probably go along the panel lines for a neat appearance.
Retain the hatch with a lip at the front of balsa or even a bit of lollipop stick and at the back with a 1/2 turn plastic fastening or similar, with its internal fixing end in a small plate of wood glued into the foam.
Not to be funny or anything but this is not a plane to learn on, you will certainly need the FY30A!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Next

Return to Help Needed