HS-625mg servo flutter:chatter:ect

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

HS-625mg servo flutter:chatter:ect

Postby ggate » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Bruce
This is my problem-Can you help?
I have a hs-625mg servo connected to rudder that is fluttering real bad-sound like a machine gun when trying to center. Just touch control stick on transmitter it stops.
I have a 24in heavy duty servo extension connected to it. Here is what i found. When you remove the extension it works perfect. Tryed using another extension-same thing.I hooked it up to all receiver channels- same thing while using extension. I used those extension on other servos in plane-they all work great.
I am using a UBEC with a 3cell- 11.1volt lipo. UBEC set to 5volts tried 6volts also. Is it interference causing this or what do you think? I ordered some 6v packs to try, but have not recieved them, in order to remove UBEC.

Greg
ggate

Re: HS-625mg servo flutter:chatter:ect

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:01 am

Check that the plug and socket on the extension are making good contact.
Does the noise decrease or disappear when you wrap your hand around the extension?
If it does RF noise might be responsible, in which case ferrite rings with the extension cable wrapped through about three or four turns might be the cure
Otherwise this sounds like signal line noise generated by the combination of the signal line length and the impedance of the servo signal input, in which case you could try using a termination resistor of about 1k between the signal and the negative supply near the servo.
Hope this helps.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Return to Help Needed