ESC help

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

ESC help

Postby dean6553 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi everyone, my son flies rc gliders and I recently purchased some used gliders at a charity bring and buy sale following the sad death of a member of his flying club. One of these is a converted Pixie with a brushed motor. I have tested the motor and the Lipo battery, both of which work, but the esc did not, so I purchased a Turnigy 30 A brushed esc. When I connect it I get a regular beeping sound which I understand is a warning about a throttle signal. Any suggestions please?
dean6553

Re: ESC help

Postby cynr100 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:20 am

Lets assume that you have a working Tx/Rx and have tested with servos 8-) I would then go through a ESC calibration:

Connect ESC to motor with no prop attached (safety).
Connect ESC to your Rx throttle channel.
With transmitter off, throttle to maximum, now turn on transmitter.
Attach ESC to power supply.
On the beep sound (usually one) move throttle to minimum (now 2 beep sounds).

If you have throttle cut-off make sure this is disengaged before starting.

Your ESC should be calibrated :D and the annoying beeping should stop or be replaced with a powerup tune.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: ESC help

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:43 am

Also check that the speed controller is connected to the correct channel usually 3, sometimes people connect it to the battery position this is wrong.
Are the jumpers are in the correct position for the batteries you are using?
A manual that applies to the controller although it seems to be named something else can be found here:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 211X42.pdf
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Return to Help Needed