Intellect 3s 11.1v 20c lipos

For helis powered by volts rather than fuel

Intellect 3s 11.1v 20c lipos

Postby evolusia » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi,has anyone else got any feedback on Ripmax`s Intellect brand LiPos. I`ve just had two 3S 11.1v 2200mAh-20C packs in a kit I bought from another modeller in a private purchase and they are absolutely awesome. I don`t usually hold any brief for Ripmax stuff but these things are really good. God knows what the higher rate packs are like. My Mini Titan does a full 5 mins of flat out 3D on these now, with a final voltage of 11.1v and all cells coming out balanced. My Zippy Flightmax packs have the same ratings, but aren`t in the same league as these and really start to sag if I try to punish them the same way. I,ve now got ten really hard flights on each of these Intellect packs and there isn`t a hint of puffing. Well impressed for once. :)
evolusia

Re: Intellect 3s 11.1v 20c lipos

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Intellect's NiMH packs were pretty good so I'd expect their LiPos to be in the same league.

The Zippy FlightMax batteries are *brilliant* value but not an ultra-high performance pack.

Right now I'm reviewing the Gens Ace lipos and they seem pretty damned good too.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby DejaD » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Bruce, you'll let us know the final verdict on those Gens Ace batteries when you finish beating on them, right?
"If it ain't broke, I can fix it 'til it is"
DejaD

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:09 pm

I surely will. The problem with testing Lipos is that you've got to put enough cycles through them to determine whether they actually have any durability and life.

It's not uncommon for low-grade lipos to work fairly well -- for 20-30 cycles, and then they start losing capacity and current capabilities.

The Gens Ace are going well so far!
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby DejaD » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:26 am

I must tell you Bruce, I love your sites and your Youtube channels. I especially appreciate your "pull no punches" style of product review and honesty. Your considerable electrical skills, combined with thorough and systematic analysis are truly a huge asset to the RC community. Thank you for all your hard work trying to keep the manufacturers honest. In light of recent events I'm sure your time is more precious now than it has ever been. And you should know we are thankful for what you give us.
"If it ain't broke, I can fix it 'til it is"
DejaD

Return to Electric Power