How to select a multi-rotor setup?

For helis powered by volts rather than fuel

How to select a multi-rotor setup?

Postby hissyfet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:38 am

Hi all,

Just been toying with the idea of getting a multi-rotor unit and associated bits, but not ever being experienced
with any RC stuff let alone the multi-rotor thought I'd at least put together a spreadsheet and hope to get enough info
on components to be able to select from.
This might be the totally wrong way to do things, but all I can think of at this time - unless by miracle Hobbyking reply to my questions..

Anyway, I'll try linking (since I can't figure out how to attach) my very rough & random spreadsheet (in 2 formats)
hoping that you guys might want to look at and maybe add to, but for now any suggestions are much appreciated.

Multicopter01 - OpenOffice
Multicopter01 - Excel
hissyfet

Re: How to select a multi-rotor setup?

Postby pldb64 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:29 am

You may be interested in the AllThingsThatFly podcast from last week. They spent an hour or so of discussion talking about the various options that exist in the market, the various multirotor setups and why you'd choose one over another etc etc.

You can get it direct from their website too if you wish www.allthingsthatfly.com
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Re: How to select a multi-rotor setup?

Postby hissyfet » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:20 am

Thanks pldb64, and appreciate you posting.

I've downloaded the mp3 and will have a listen when I get some quality time (at work maybe :-)
hissyfet

Return to Electric Power