TRI OR QUAD ?

Talk about helicopter airframes, rotors, heads etc.

TRI OR QUAD ?

Postby Malcurin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm looking at getting into multi rotors, which would be better to learn on, a tri copter or a quad, I hear Tri handles similar to an aeroplane, just wondering other peoples thoughts

thanks
Mike
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Re: TRI OR QUAD ?

Postby cynr100 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:41 am

There is more yaw (rudder) authority on a Tri that makes them very agile whilst quads are faster in vertical and horizontal planes. The very nature of the quad layout requires more power input to achieve the same manouver as a Tri. I originally planned to build to a price to development my experience and knowledge base, that sort of went out the door during the shopping phase. I am still struggling with my quad settings, I'll give it another week then go back to my original plan to build a Tri.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Malcurin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:55 am

Hobbyking have a nice n cheep Tri frame now, i was looking at that with a KK2.0 board people have been complaining about the cost of its shipping though and the screws are crap, i was looking at that one $30 + shipping
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
Malcurin

Postby cynr100 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqHwqWaw1o4

This was my original plan:
http://rcexplorer.se/projects/2011/09/t ... pter-v2-5/

Only the electronics needed to be sourced.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Malcurin » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:40 am

Flight Test also sell that frame center for $20 American + postage, i thought about it but this one is 30 + postage for it all but it looks like a great concept, i cant wait, i got 6 weeks where i don't have to pay rent coming up, Muwahahahahaha I'm going to use half that building a tri I think and also get a small Mini quad to learn the basics with while i build the Tri
Malcurin

Return to Airframes