new transmitter

Helicopter-specific issues relating to the electronics in your bird

new transmitter

Postby mrlauritsen » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Hello in here.

As i am getting back in to the RC helicopter hobby again i want to upgrate my radio system
i have been looking at three systems but i'm not sure what i want or what's the best system to use for the loong run

1: Futaba 14SG
2: JR XG 11
3:Spektrum DX9

To be honest my hart i set on the JR but there is not many FBL systems that support DMSS or XBUS
And i also like the Spektrum because of the price
and the Futaba well it's just Futaba im my world no 1. but im sure that the ohters or just as good now a days :shock:
But what would you choose?

Regards Michael
mrlauritsen

Re: new transmitter

Postby deaconFlyer » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:10 pm

Truthfully ... I have gone Taranis and am thoroughly impressed by every aspect of that transmitter. FrSky is rock solid, quality control seems excellent ... the telemetry is nice .. BUT ... being able to tinker with it on my computer (Companion9X) and then upload my adaptations ... that is priceless.

Plus, I now have several receivers (not just one or two) and don't have to play the receiver hopping game to go from plane to plane ... and I still have $$$ to spend on my hobby this year ... so I bought a DSM module and now all my Bind-n-Flys are happy.

Yes, there are those who look down at you and say, "Could you not afford a real transmitter!" ... then after a while they are asking, "How did you program that?" or "How did you do that?"

There are other options, but this one keeps me flying and save me money. Being able to program and test from software on the computer adds a whole new dimension to the hobby. Not a bad combination.

Now ... if it only had a Bluetooth module!
----
Luke 6:38
deaconFlyer

Postby mrlauritsen » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:39 am

not that i don't want to try that but i have 3, 2000-2500 dollar birds so i really want something i know i can trust :-D
mrlauritsen

Postby deaconFlyer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Some people only buy coffee at $tarbucks ... others make better coffee at home.

But if it makes you feel better, you can always make your own coffee at home, walk out on your front steps and burn a $5.00 bill.

:P
----
Luke 6:38
deaconFlyer

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:26 am

i really want something i know i can trust

In that case the deacon will advise.
Proverbs 3:5-6 :lol:
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:27 am

mrlauritsen wrote:not that i don't want to try that but i have 3, 2000-2500 dollar birds so i really want something i know i can trust :-D

Go with what you feel comfortable with, if you are flying that value in rotary aircraft you need to be confident.

My personal opinion would be not to discount the Taranis or FrSky. Most criticism of the FrSky/Taranis that I have read in numerous forums is without incident fact and appears to be biased on dollar cost value.
For half the price of any of your choice you could avail yourself of a complete system, Rx included.

But don't be swayed the choice is yours :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Return to Radios, Gyros, Servos