FG4 AM convertable to 2.4ghz?

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: FG4 AM convertable to 2.4ghz?

Postby ergocentric » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:52 pm

quarry44 wrote:Thanks for your comments,guys.The tx was working before the mod,so I simply did something wrong somewhere.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing,and in this case,it seems to have come back to haunt me.This tx came from a good friend,who passed away,so I was hoping to make something useful out of it.Never mind.
I might just get the tx module for my FF7 Futaba,and use the spare rx with that.

next guess is that there is a transmit circuit good signal coming back from the module to the encoder
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby quarry44 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:36 am

I reluctantly gave up on this conversion,and fitted the diy module to a later Challenger T5 tranny.Success at last!
I still can't believe how cheap this stuff is.A 4ch.2.4ghz set now for under 60 bucks.Just as an aside,I paid $200 for my first Futaba 2channel set way back in the 70's.
quarry44

Postby ergocentric » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:37 pm

quarry44 wrote:I reluctantly gave up on this conversion,and fitted the diy module to a later Challenger T5 tranny.Success at last!
I still can't believe how cheap this stuff is.A 4ch.2.4ghz set now for under 60 bucks.Just as an aside,I paid $200 for my first Futaba 2channel set way back in the 70's.

Me too, but mine was a Futaba three channel 72Mhz wide band AM, then I took electronics in college and realized how primitive it really was.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Previous

Return to Radios and Servos