9x for 40 bucks?

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: 9x for 40 bucks?

Postby EraJomppa » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Just got the Turnigy 9x from hobbyking. (the under 40 dollar version)

Now:
- gotta change the the mode from 1 into 2
- instal the backlight
- instal the FrSky DIY module
- solder the wires for the programming card
- learn how to use the programming card (it has not yet arrived from protostack)
- reprogram the firmware to ER9x

lots and lots of things to do :)

(wish me luck)
EraJomppa

Postby _H_K_U_N » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:29 am

Seems I'm to late :( Bruce promoted it to much :lol: and now its $54

Makes my x-mas HK basket more expensive.... I'll wait a month for another promotion, but I'm still getting the 9X+frsky telemetry setup.
_H_K_U_N

Postby zerodrag » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi I have just bought a 9X set up with FrSky and 6 channel telemetry reciever to replace my DX6i. Used for first time over the weekend in a Giant Stick with DLE 20 gas motor with no issues at all. Flew it till I could almost not see it with no range issues, though FrSky module did its job in beeping intermittently to indicate plane was nearing range limit. Have to say that so far I find this setup to be far better than my DX6i which I was continually having issues with due to brown-outs and slow linking.
zerodrag

Postby EraJomppa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Great to hear :) I also looked into the hobbykings website to find a link of the cheap version, I was putting it on another forum where I have a little "project 9x" thread, only to realize it existed no more.. shame, but lucky me I still got the 39 dollar one :D

Anyway! Got all done :D

Im way too lazy to write the whole thing down, so if you want the links to the tutorials I used, check this thread on RcPowers:
http://www.rcpowers.com/forum/showthrea ... Project-9x

So I got the module installed, backlight installed, programming wires soldered and ER9x running :)

Tested with couple of servos and everything is working nice and smooth.

I gotta say Im really satisfied with this radio, but since I right now have no planes in one piece I got nothing to fly with this :/ spent my this months RC budget (and a bit more) on this radio. But next week Im starting to build a new biplane and then I will get to test this thing out for real.

And btw, the total cost from situation "no radio" to having this radio with the 4 ch receiver, ended up costing me 90 euros (125 dollars) total (this includes the programmer)

next upgrade I guess is to get me a LiFePo battery for the Tx and a proper charger that can charge other than LiPo´s
EraJomppa

Postby EraJomppa » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Yeah, its really simple. just search youtube and you find a lot of tutorials.
EraJomppa

Previous

Return to Radios and Servos