Futaba T7CP and Corona DIY module

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Futaba T7CP and Corona DIY module

Postby straycat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi all.
Just a quick question , I have installed a DIY Corona module into my Futaba T7CP and use 6 and 8 channel receivers in all my Aircraft and have had 9 months of gliche free flying .
After a good days flying yesterday and packing all my planes into my van I noticed that in my flight box My Futaba TX was still switched on , maybe I had forgot to switch off after my last flight which was around 30 mins ago . Do you think my rf module would be damaged due to no signal being picked up , the reason I ask is that last year my old futaba T6EXAP was left on for a whole day ( while at work ) and that damaged the rf output as I had no range the next flight I did and lost a plane ( by the way that now has a Corona DIY module installed and works great ) I have ask the question in Google and cant find an answer , Anybody know????
Thanks in Advance , Ian
straycat

Re: Futaba T7CP and Corona DIY module

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Do you think my rf module would be damaged due to no signal being picked up

No the module has no way of knowing if its signal is being received and the reception or otherwise of its signal will in no way affect it.
Your old futaba T6EXAP could have been damaged because the aerial was not extended not loading the circuit correctly.
A 2.4 GHz transmitter always has its aerial extended.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Re: Futaba T7CP and Corona DIY module

Postby straycat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks Bill ,
Thats the info I needed and put my mind at rest :) Thanks again
Ian
straycat

Return to Radios and Servos