FrSky 4ch Rx

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

FrSky 4ch Rx

Postby cynr100 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:31 am

One of my home made "sticks" came to grief in a tree and numerous attempts to recover failed, mother nature or a chain saw where the only options.
Attached to the wing was a FrSky V8R4-II, mother nature came to the rescue after 4 days of intense tropical sun and twice daily rainstorms (350mm over the 4 days).
The Rx looked trashed, I stored the Rx in a jar of silica beads (at the time of recovery it felt dry) for 2 days then removed the trashed cardboard cover.
Signs of corrosion had set in so I cleaned all surfaces with a soft toothbrush and methylated spirits, some sections were stubborn so a citric acid solution of .5% w/w removed them followed by a quick "flush" with methylated spirits.
After a quick inspection with a magnifying glass I powered it up and was greeted with a binding beep................ :D
Since range tested to 500m ............................one tough little bugger
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: FrSky 4ch Rx

Postby quarry44 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:26 am

It's good of you to test the Frsky receivers so thoroughly for us,Den :mrgreen:
I have to say i,m not all that surprised.Mine have been crashed and trashed to within an inch of their life,
yet have always come back for more.
Tough little buggers alright.
quarry44

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:10 am

binding beep.....

not a: blinding flash.....
one tough little bugger

Tough little buggers alright

What's with all this buggery most unseemly! Anyone would think you were cardinals!
220px-FSM_Logo.svg.png
220px-FSM_Logo.svg.png (4.79 KiB) Viewed 15333 times
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:58 pm

BillGriffiths100 wrote:
binding beep.....

not a: blinding flash.....
one tough little bugger

Tough little buggers alright

What's with all this buggery most unseemly! Anyone would think you were cardinals!

Beware the blinding flash and puff of white smoke, there could be a new "Pope Quad" on the horizon this week :twisted:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:07 pm

I thought it was a puff of black smoke, when one of those bu :evil: ers manifested....oops!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:36 am

I like the way you are thinking but, it is black for an unsuccessful vote and white for mission accomplished.
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:44 am

I knew that... just the imposition of counterpoint.
They are like gnats fighting in a teacup, for the election of the most backward looking de-cerebrate available.

BillGriffiths100

Return to Radios and Servos