Turnigy 9X V2 out-built module

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Turnigy 9X V2 out-built module

Postby trogolito » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:33 am

Hi!!!

hello from spain!! sorry for my bad english, it's the better what the google translator can do... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have the Turnigy 9X V2 radio, I think I told you before, but I don't know where... :lol: :lol: :lol: , the problem is the inbuilt module, well, now is outbuilt, the wire that before connect the module with the antenna, now is too long for putting into the module, can I cut the wire for the half and solder to the module without loosing signal??

some photos, the wire is 16cm long

see you
trogolito

Re: Turnigy 9X V2 out-built module

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:51 pm

I am working on an article that will show you how to fit a replacement module to your radio and use the internal antenna. I hope to have this article ready later this week.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Goody63 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:19 am

I was thinking about buying one of these radios with the Assan module to replace my JR2610 (with Assan hacker module).

I'd like a radio with more than 6 channels but would also like to keep on using my 10 or so Assan rxers.

Is the conversion to the Assan very difficult with the new 9X?

I do know how to do basic soldering etc.

Cheers
Goody63

Postby trogolito » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Helloo

you only need one screewdriver, scisors and soldering pencil (if you wanna use the inbuilt module in other moment),

Open the TX module, cut the wire, unplug the module from the radio.
Open the radio, detach the antenna and wire, close the radio, and mount the (in my case) corona JR module, nothing more
After you can mount the inbuilt antenna in the TX module and solder the wire to de TX module (see pictures before)

byee
trogolito

Postby JBC » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:31 am

RCModelReviews wrote:I am working on an article that will show you how to fit a replacement module to your radio and use the internal antenna. I hope to have this article ready later this week.

Hiya Buce, I know you're a busy man doing the brilliant job that you do keeping us not so experienced RC enthusiasts informed with your great site and youtube channel. I just wanted to know if you've made any headway on the above?
Also any more info/testing on how their new turnigy brand module FHSS receivers perform? I know you said it's been crappy cold weather lately and you haven't been able to fly, not much warmer here mate :roll: so have been busy building. Am looking to get another 9x(my third)but am holding out to see what your thoughts will be on their new system, if it's no good then I'll simply cut the wires and install a Corona DSSS V2 like I have in my other 2 radios. I know in your review a while back you said you were going to get back with info on the Corona system as you had people with possible suspect unis. I can say I've been flying with my Corona DSSS V2 for around 10 months solid and never had a glitch, has worked flawlessly using 4,6 and 8 channel receivers :) I started flying with Spektrum DX6i and did have occasional glitching, can't complain going from $50 to $20 rx's though :P

John
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:09 am

The FlySky FHSS system seems fairly good (a huge improvement over V1) and I've done some elementary range tests but this week I'll be subjecting it to some interference torture-testing. Stay tuned.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby felix » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:59 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:The FlySky FHSS system seems fairly good (a huge improvement over V1) and I've done some elementary range tests but this week I'll be subjecting it to some interference torture-testing. Stay tuned.

we are waiting your great job :P
felix

Postby rdhood » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Ditto here. Actually, I was hoping for an article describing a mod that will allow me to remove/replace the 2.4ghz module. Right now, it is kind of in limbo. In case people hadn't noticed, trainer mode does not work correctly with the module installed. It has to be pulled out/disconnected to work as a trainer or in a simulator. That means that, right now, I have to pull it out a little and apply some masking tape to keep it in place. I think that this risks bent pins and/or risks the antenna connection. It would be much better to just be able to remove the module (or in my case, stop the module from loading the signal when it is turned off).
rdhood

Postby trogolito » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Hello

if any one wanna do the mod for change the firmware, here you have my mod I programmed the ATmega with a USB programmer (GTP USB+) enjoy it, last pictures show the out-built module finished with the wire cutted by half and soldered

http://www.miliamperios.com/foro/circuitos-electronicos-especiales-para-aeromodelismo-f51/turnigy-cambio-firmware-t157902.html

Bye
trogolito

Postby rdhood » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Am I seeing that right... that you mounted the antenna on the 2.4Ghz module itself? Has it affected range?
rdhood

Next

Return to Radios and Servos