What RC system do you use?

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

What is your main RC system?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:52 am

Futaba
26%
JR
11%
Hitec
13%
Spektrum
26%
Airtronics
2%
FlySky/Turnigy/iMax
15%
WFly
No votes
Multiplex
2%
HobbyKing
No votes
Other (specify)
4%

Total votes : 46

Re: What RC system do you use?

Postby pwy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:09 am

Have now added a 9x from HK with FrSky to my small collection. My main radio is the JR 12x which is slowly being replaced with a Futaba FX-30.
I used to have DSM2 only but have now sold most of my Spektrum receivers. With the bigger and more expensive stuff I use the Weatronic module (in the FX-30) and for foamies the FrSky Futaba compatible receivers. The 9x with FrSky is meant for all my "experimental" things ;)

Can't help myself but I really like the smooth gimbals of the high-end radios. :D
The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!
pwy

Postby Roger » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:13 am

Nothing wrong with an old Hitec Eclipse 7 + Corona DSSS module and I also have a Futaba FF7 also with a Corona module - in fact the two transmitters are fairly similar, but the Hitec has more model memories. It would be perfect for what I do, but I need more than 7 model memories so i may be forced to upgrade sooner or later. I also have a simple 4ch Hitec Tx with a Corona DSSS DIY module installed, works great in my son's airboat (when he doesn't swamp the steering servo after crashing into a rock!!!)
Roger

Postby CaLviNx » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi

Futaba FF9CHP for me, bought it in about 2003/4 still works perfect, upgraded to 2.4Hz with a FrSky module/receiver combo.
Its better to remain silent & and only be "thought" a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt......
CaLviNx

Postby Oops » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:11 pm

About time this poll is repeated?
Oops

Postby Ampair » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:27 am

Indeed, a repeat (or maybe a re-run?) would be educational.
I still have a Hitek, but only use 9Xs these days - either a Turnigy, or a FlySky as I have two of each </blush> If I ever feel the need for a burst of 40MHz the Optic6 may get pressed into service.
The pre-set radios from the big names don't interest me much lately, too confining with their un-improvable software. I seem to have become addicted to being able to update or completely alter the software; and with the price going below $40.00 (+freight) it is easy enough to have a spare one, another one for a buddy box, and one in Mode One (just in case I encounter a dinosaur that can still see well enough to fly). :roll: The four 9Xs are still under 1/3 the price of a the single 'other' radio.
Ampair

Postby RCMikeofIndiana » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:06 am

I purchase my Spektrum DX8 in January 2011. It was not in the original recall list back in early June but after losing a plane due to a lost signal with an AR6200 I sent it in for the firmware upgrade. It has been flaw less since. It is currently bound to 8 different RX's/planes.
RCMikeofIndiana

Postby usn-at2 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 pm

TURN 9X WITH FRYSKY MODULE DX-7 WITH DIY FRYSKY MOD NO PROBLEMS
usn-at2

Postby quarry44 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:07 am

Was given a Futaba 8uap,so used a Frsky plug-in module to convert to 2.4ghz.Also 5nlh converted with diy module.Then 3 Futaba 4ch. of various ages on 35 ,and 1 on 40.Once I get rich and famous,I might get a Turnigy 9x v2.
quarry44

Postby biggestgerbil » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:59 am

I have two JR transmitters. A 3810ADT with a FrSky telemetry module and a 388s with a FrSky non-telemetry module. I would dearly love to make then into a wireless trainer system, but have no idea how to do it. No one seems to know how to do it (JR have the mini-jack mono socket for trainer etc) :cry:
biggestgerbil

Postby ergocentric » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:24 pm

biggestgerbil wrote:I have two JR transmitters. A 3810ADT with a FrSky telemetry module and a 388s with a FrSky non-telemetry module. I would dearly love to make then into a wireless trainer system, but have no idea how to do it. No one seems to know how to do it (JR have the mini-jack mono socket for trainer etc) :cry:

I'll get back to this next week, going to the inlaws' to cook a turkey...
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

PreviousNext

Return to Radios and Servos