Graupner new 2.4Ghz system Hott!

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Graupner new 2.4Ghz system Hott!

Postby hummel » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:14 pm

hummel

Re: Graupner new 2.4Ghz system Hott!

Postby Asad » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:13 am

I thought they were using the XPS modules and related products...
Asad

Postby hummel » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:21 am

Right, iFS=XPS...
Graupner finally realised that they were on a dead-track with JD and probably made a deal with Jeti that runs an excellent 2.4 Ghz system with telemetry for 2 years now... pricing is similair to Jeti. Hott and Jeti are not interchangeable, so it's thought that they altered the protocol slightly.
hummel

Postby Toumal » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:18 pm

prop.at has some more info about HOTT as well. It's a full-time frequency hopping system with telemetry support. Apparently the pricing will be quite competitive as well. The 6-channel receivers will only have one antenna, the 8-channel RX will have antenna diversity. There will be a so-called smart-box that you bolt onto your transmitter, with a graphical LCD screen. The receivers can be stacked, so you can take two 6-channel RX and make a 12-channel system. They also promise channel priority for up to 4 servos at 10ms to match the features of competing systems aimed at professional RC helo pilots.

So far, this seems like the first smart thing for Graupner to do. They could've just licensed Jeti of course, which would have been preferable. But hey, anything that works solidly is ok in my opinion.
@hummel: where did you get the info that this is just a slightly changed JETI system? Everyone I asked flat out denies that this system was built or designed by Jeti themselves.

The only problem with HOTT is that this is Graupner's third attempt at 2.4GHz. Who gets fooled three times in a row?

And where is Jim Drew in all this? Antenna diversity, frequency hopping... it's all unneccessary right? I really wish someone took him to court for all the lies he spread, lies that contradict every opinion of those who studied electronics or work in that field professionally. If nobody ends his "carreer" he will just move on to the next thing, and sell people his special orange-flavored snake oil...
Toumal

Postby hummel » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:46 am

There's no confirmation that this is a Jeti-licensed product, however... the similarities are there. The least you could say that it is heavily inspired on the Jeti-system. Rumours were buzzing around some german and dutch forums during the introduction of the Hott system. Graupner says it's a korean manufacturer, can't imagine they persuaded Hitec (owns Mulitplex i.e. Graupners competitor)to produce this system.
Jeti products are definatly engineerd in the Czech Republic, but production will be in Asia...maybe Korea :-)
Agreed concerning JD... probably the biggest clown in the business.

Cheers,
H.
hummel

Postby davidmc36 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:18 am

Looking at some signal info and wondering if anybody knows what the channel spread of the HoTT system is. The new JR system is 3mhz from what I gather vs 1mhz of other systems.
davidmc36

Return to Radios and Servos