Turnigy 9X Charge lead?

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

Turnigy 9X Charge lead?

Postby smeely » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:33 am

Hello all,
I have just received my Turnigy 9X. I have bought a LiFe battery for it, but upon fitting it I've decided it pushes the connectors on the plug too much for my likeing (the wires are literally pressing on the battery right as they come out of the connector(or is this perfectly fine)). SO, I'm thinking of using 8 rechargable AA batteries. BUT I would prefer to charge them in the TX as I don't like pulling the battery cover off every charge (the clips become weak don't they).

So My Question is What would I need to utilize the power input on the side of the TX?
I've gotten a Voltmeter and checked the voltage at the power lead, and it turns out to be 0.018 or something silly like that. I was expecting the voltage that the TX displays for the batteries. Should it be direct to the batteries, or is there a charging board in it? If so, What voltage do I have to supply to it?

If there isn't a charge board in there. Which of these would be best? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 2C_4_.html or http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... sion_.html Or should I get a totally different one? Also Why don't I see any significant Voltage on the plug?

I have tried connecting a power supply to it (first time without the batteries in it), but have not seen any difference to the radio, no lights, I turn the switch on, nothing. When the batteries were in it I didn't see the voltage going up, it looked like it was going down at the normal rate. Hopefully I haven't killed anything in it...

I'll be able to open it up and have a look if I need to, I just wanted to ask here before going and pulling the thing apart :)

Thanks Guys
David :)
smeely

Re: Turnigy 9X Charge lead?

Postby cynr100 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:59 pm

LiFePO4 batteries come in various sizes (dimensions & capacity) better to look for a pack of the right output voltage that will fit the battery bay to your liking.
I use a 1800mAh (Zippy) and a 2100mAh (Nano-Tech), I get around 5 hours operation before recharging in my FlySky 9X. No point having say a 2600mAh if it causes fitment issues.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby smeely » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:20 am

I've figured out how i can put it in to my liking (one of the other connectors also works).

So with those I'm still going to be pulling the battery out of the radio every-time I want to charge it won't I?
smeely

Postby cynr100 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:01 am

Safest that way, if anything goes wrong with the battery during charging you have only lost the battery and not the whole Tx.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby smeely » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:00 am

Ok, thanks...
smeely

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries