Turnigy a-6-10 charger burnt discharge circuit

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

Turnigy a-6-10 charger burnt discharge circuit

Postby Top_gun_toronto » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:51 am

Hi everyone from Canada.....I can attest that the AXN can handle -15 Celsius ....and take offs from snow and ice are great...

The tip Bruce gives about fibreglass tape on the belly has another benefit other then protecting the foam from asphalt road rash....it gives the foam excellent resilience to resist impacts on the nose area if applied from bottom to sides

Ok...now for the reason for the post..

I bought a turnigy a-6-10 200 watt charger, 2 days after it's arrival there was a flash from inside and magic smoke emerged.
I opened it up and it appears that a wire under the fan on the circuit board literally fried ....so now I can charge but not discharge or balance....so I'm still in business sort of

I'd like to fix this ...I love the charger and sending it back is not an option...the part that fried is labelled r118 and there is another wire there labeled r117 that I think is similar but I just don't know enough about electronics to know what I'm looking at, I'll try to load a picture if I can focus that small

If anyone knows what these wires are I'll buy the part and solder it in and give an update

Thanks from Canada
Top_gun_toronto

Re: Turnigy a-6-10 charger burnt discharge circuit

Postby Top_gun_toronto » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:43 pm

I was going from memory and had the numbers mixed up. After re-opening the charger and double checking.The part that failed was r117 and the part that is beside it and I believe to be similar is r128

The part numbers in my last post are incorrect

The part is located under the fan on the circuit board
Top_gun_toronto

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries