New Frsky DHT-U dashboard

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

New Frsky DHT-U dashboard

Postby Xairflyer » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:18 pm

As the DHT-U is a standalone unit along with the display and no longer requires a module could it be wired into a 35mhz transmitter without the 35mhx board being removed? would the transmitter effectively transmit on both or would one cause problems for the other?
Xairflyer

Re: New Frsky DHT-U dashboard

Postby AlanGP » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:50 pm

I think the general wisdom on this one is to pull the crystal from the 35Mhz side. This will stop it transmitting and will reduce current draw from the battery.

Alan
AlanGP

Postby ergocentric » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:26 pm

If you are LOOKING to transmit on both, keep the antennas apart, AFAIK it will add a tiny amount of security if your 2.4 transmitter gets jammed (yes unlikely)

You would need to build circuitry to decide which receiver to use, similar to Weatronic systems (using two 35/72MHz or 2.4GHz FHSS)

weatronic.com -> probably the closest to bullet proof, and definitely the most expensive
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:14 am

You could set things up that way but it would certainly pay to pull the crystal on the 35MHz side of things when using a 2.4GHz receiver otherwise you might forget and accidentally shoot someone on that frequency down.

Also, the FM side of things draws much more power than the 2.4GHz so if you leave the 35MHz crystal in when using 2.4GHz you won't get nearly the same flight time out of your transmitter batteries.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Xairflyer » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:53 am

Thanks for the replies,

My main concern was any problems with the transmitter output driving two RF boards and would any isolation be needed to separate them.

I would like to experiment with transmitting on both 2.4mhx and 35mhz at same time using some form of dual receiver redundancy system or even one receiver running one aileron/elevator servo etc - Just for fun :D In our club we all have our own frequency so I don't have any issues with shooting someone down if I forgot.

I have one snag with pulling the crystal, I dont have one :) as I am using a sync module in my JR 9XII, and the other reason I asked the question is I dont really want to be pulling in and out the module, as I still have a lot of models on 35mhz, and dont want to risk a damaged pin/dry joint.
That is why for now I have been flying the frsky DJT module on a JR347, but big problem is it has only 4 model memories, and I am slowly changing models over so need more.
Xairflyer

Postby ergocentric » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:36 am

So where is the dashboard sold?
and which is the best receiver for it?
ergocentric

Postby kaptain_zero » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:21 am

Dashboard appears to be in stock at HiModel but as for which receiver is best..... I not know.

Regards
Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:54 am

I'd wait for version 2 of the firmware -- V1 is not so good. Not sure which version HiModel is stocking.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Xairflyer » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:17 am

RCModelReviews wrote:I'd wait for version 2 of the firmware -- V1 is not so good. Not sure which version HiModel is stocking.

Can you explain more Bruce, I was just about to order this morning from GiantCod
Xairflyer

Postby ergocentric » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:54 pm

See Bruce's review on youtube, it has some funny quirks in the software.

So now it's wait wait wait after buying all that HobbyKing V1, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!
(and none of it is downwards compatible, Arrgggg)

Thanks again for your diligence Bruce.

What are your thoughts on the D8R-II? Is it the one with everything, and D4FR is the hacker's version with optional second antenna and PPM output?
It's becoming quite a tangle of what works with what.

Am I correct in assuming the D transmitters will work with D and V recivers but the D receivers will not work with a V transmitter?
ergocentric

Next

Return to Telemetry