FrSky LiPO voltage transmition

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

FrSky LiPO voltage transmition

Postby MeRodent » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 am

Just received my FrSky 2 way kit and wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Love the idea of the hub but at the moment I'm just after the basics. Ie LiPO voltage alarm using 3S Lipos. Particularly as I'm only just learning how to repair (read allegedly learning to fly) helicopters it's not running flat out and time doesn't give a real indication of battery drain.

My questions are:
Can I take the voltage from the taps (ie connect via a plug rather than solder into the power connector).
How do I set up the receiver (as the instructions with the FrSky unit only say it can be done but not how to do so).

Most importantly are there any links to a basic guide on how to make and set this up?
MeRodent

Re: FrSky LiPO voltage transmition

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:44 am

There is a tiny lipo battery interface board you can get from FrSky (or their dealers) which allows you to monitor your lipo battery voltage. There are some cautions that must be used with it but it seems to work very well.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: FrSky LiPO voltage transmition

Postby suchislife » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Just got my basic voltage sensors for v1 telemetry Rx, but still a little confused as to how this is hooked up.
I have read not to connect the ground wire due to a ground loop problem. Anyone have a photo or description if they have a working setup? I'll keep reading and post back if I figure it out, but there are conflicting descriptions. Don't want to fry anything.
I'm using v1 D8 Rx and want to monitor 3s main pack voltage.
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Return to Telemetry