My quick fix for a Flytron display issue

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

My quick fix for a Flytron display issue

Postby ProLine » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:03 pm

I've been happy with the Flytron's display fir the Frsky, buy have had it not turn on with the tx a lot.
Other times the text came up reversed. The obvious thing to do was to power the tx off and on until the display was correct. If done too fast it seems to take many tries. I discovered that if I power on my pcm10 and the Flytron display is not right in any way, I can restore it everytime by unplugging the servo type cable on the display to the module and replug it and it's fixed, every time.
Next will to find out weather it's the display, or the power rail on the module that's not happy.
I posted this after seeing a u-tube video showing this failure, but with no dialog discribing it. It was then that I knew I was not alone and did some detective work. I hope this helps others, and maybe stimulate some fix thinking?
I'm pleased with the Flytron and consider this a small inconvenience until something else comes along and I understand that may be soon. Comments on fixes welcome.
ProLine
ProLine

Re: My quick fix for a Flytron display issue, not a fix!

Postby ProLine » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:56 am

I retract my quick fix post. Once the display comes up blank, backward, or upside down, It seems to not want to stop doing it. It takes many power cycle tries to correct it. It may end up being the fact that it just isn't the best design. Maybe Flytron will comment? It still works great for the price and may be replaced with the Frsky dashboard when it goes on sale?
For now I'll live with it.
ProLine
ProLine

Return to Telemetry