The eePe thread.

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: The eePe thread.

Postby kaptain_zero » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Sid Sideslip wrote:Glad you managed to get eePe working via the dreaded Windoze on a Linux machine.

Any idea on the price for the new 9x mainboard yet? Sorry, but I don't want to wade through so many RCGroups posts if I can avoid it.

No.... they're still just in the "lets see if we can get this to work stage". Once the proto is confirmed to work correctly and any revisions required have been made to the board, I assume they will get costing estimates and then have them made in batches if it's a go. My uneducated guess is for the high side of $100... but I could be waaaaaay off.

As for eepe, if I used one of the ubuntu versions, it would probably have been a piece of cake, but I have too many other issues with that distribution so I stick with PClinuxOS and find another way. :mrgreen:

I'm just downloading another copy of Clearview and will see if I can get that simulator to play nice as well.... The really nice thing about using Virtualbox is that there is no real boot up time with XP, I just save the session and can restore it in a matter of seconds when I need to use it and can have eepe already running on the desktop as soon as the Vbox session opens.

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby Sid Sideslip » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 pm

kaptain_zero wrote:
Sid Sideslip wrote:Any idea on the price for the new 9x mainboard yet? Sorry, but I don't want to wade through so many RCGroups posts if I can avoid it.

No.... they're still just in the "lets see if we can get this to work stage". Once the proto is confirmed to work correctly and any revisions required have been made to the board, I assume they will get costing estimates and then have them made in batches if it's a go. My uneducated guess is for the high side of $100... but I could be waaaaaay off.

Depends on the production run. I'd put the figure around $50-60, maybe less (talking per unit cost here not "retail"). If the Chinese can produce high end graphics cards for relative peanuts, a simple mainboard like this should cost very little.

I'm surprised that no-one has taken the initiative to market complete 9x's with all the bells and whistles already on them. Frsky module, battery mod of some kind and er9x flashed in. I mean, you could flog them off by the thousands. With this better mainboard and screen though, I reckon they would make some name brands rather worried.
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby kaptain_zero » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 pm

I sure hope you are right and I am wrong! :lol:
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby rogueqd » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 am

I thought of another great thing er9x can do. Variable rates!

Dual rates? Triple rates? How about a knob that dials your rates to any percentage you want! Here's how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=533OHEY-RrM
rogueqd

Previous

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks