Turnigy 9x to Frsky

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Turnigy 9x to Frsky

Postby wanderer_7 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:22 pm

I have done the DIY conversion on my Turnigy 9x to Frsky. I am trying to find out which receivers will work when this conversion has been done. I would appreciate it if someone who has this information could let me know as I am holding off on placing an order with HK.
wanderer_7

Re: Turnigy 9x to Frsky

Postby AltechMYOB » Wed May 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi... if you look on the HK site for the FrSky items they generally list the receivers that have telemetry capability with their compatible modules.

eg. at http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... odule.html, it lists "Compatible with D8R & DF6R recievers in 2 way telemetry Mode.
Compatible with V8 Range Receievers in V8 Mode
" as being compatible. If you used the non-telemetry DIY module then just the V8 range of receivers are compatible.
AltechMYOB

Postby wanderer_7 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Are all V8 receivers compatible mine is non telematery
wanderer_7

Postby pldb64 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:18 am

If you've done this conversion recently, then presumably you'll have either the DHT or DJT Tx module (the DIY or internal module is the DHT, DJT simply slots into the back of the 9x - nothing internal). In either case, these are two way Tx modules which can be set to work with either 1way Rx modules or 2way Rx modules. In the case of the DHT module, there is a three way switch which selects which mode the Tx module will operate in. In the case of the DJT module, the dip switches at the back allow for this mode setting.

Hence you can set the Tx module such that it will work quite happily with a 1 way Rx. So if you've got V8 Rxs - these should work quite happily if you've set the Tx to 1 way mode.

D series Rxs are required for 2way telemetry.
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby wanderer_7 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:54 am

Thanks for the info.
wanderer_7

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks