Why do so many have so little to say?!?!?!?

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

Re: Why do so many have so little to say?!?!?!?

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:28 pm

I think it would be really useful to have a list of most recent posts on the initial page of the forum rather than last posts in each section.
That way it would be easier to find issues people have raised, and a post in a different place could not hide it as it does now.
I suspect that some if not all "ignored posts" have fallen into this lost / obscured category
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby quarry44 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Bill,once you've signed in,there's a "view new posts"button at the head of the board index.That's where I always start,unless I'm looking for some specific info.
quarry44

Postby pldb64 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Well thats just substantially improved my experience of using this forum :-) ... i've used similar functionality on other forums and had been recently lamenting that i thought such functionality was not enabled here ... shows it helps to open the eyes a little wider occasionally. Should have had that "big mummy look" :-)

Thanks for the pointer quarry!
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks Hans,
I don't normally log in until I find something I might reply too.
Thanks for that.
Why Isn't it enabled for everyone who visits, I can't see why not?
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby ergocentric » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:14 am

I like the view active topics button, and leave this laptop signed in (someone would have to log on as me to use it)
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby pilot108 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:20 am

Hello Gentlemen,
I found this forum after going to my local hobbyshop for a present for a friend and talking with the owner. I had, back in the early 80's, started to learn to fly r c but family and work got in the way. I did get my pilots license and bought a full size plane ,and have been flying it for 23 yrs. The shop owner told me about xjet and from there I learned about rcmodelreviews. I sometimes come here to ask a question only to find it already answered. I must say that Bruce gives great, easy to understand reviews. and how to's. The members of this board have taken the time to explain their thoughts and share their knowledge openly , and this is one of the reasons I come here first. I can tell you that this is the place I tell everyone I know , to check out when they are asking questions.
pilot108

Postby oldsapper » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:20 am

Carn there, Bruce, shoulder to the wheel and nose to the grindstone (all at the same time!), where's all those reviews you've been promising us for months?
oldsapper

Previous

Return to Non-RC