Why do so many have so little to say?!?!?!?

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

Why do so many have so little to say?!?!?!?

Postby kaptain_zero » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:07 am

This has to be one of the best RC related boards I've run across... Bruce has the competence, and/or skill set, not to mention the equipment, to debunk or validate most issues, and yet...... here I see the lowest posting rate of all the forums I frequent! I'm befuddled.... nay bamboozled.... with emphasis on the booze bit....... of course.....hick....!

I know we all frequent other boards/blogs, but honestly....... this has to be the best board of the bunch, and I don't even know Bruce, nor have I ever communicated directly with the bearded one!

So here's my request from all of you.... This may NOT be the most obvious place to post your question/comment..... it may not even register in your mind as a likely place to post your question/comment, but please please please.... post it here as well...... you might just be surprised at the response you get!

I know enough about radio frequency issues, engine mechanics, and not to mention electro-mechanical issues to know that this is the place to get my answers , bar none. So in a final plea for your support.... please post your question on this board BESIDES any others you trust... if for no other reason than to bug Bruce! You might (in my opinion, and it's probably not worth that much!) be surprised at the answers you get.... considering they are probably the right answers.

Kaptain "I hate to see a good forum go underused" Zero
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Re: Why do so many have so little to say?!?!?!?

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:06 am

Good ideas :-)

Yep, although I don't get as much time as I'd like to answer questions, I try to keep an eye on the discussions so that I can help out anyone with a problem.

And look-- no iron-fisted moderation either :-)
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Well.... there you go...... there's only one response to my rantings....... and it's from Bruce himself! OK.... at least I tried.... and yes, I failed, but damn it all..... I tried!

So onto another topic..... Bruce, I know you're reading this.... most likely no one else is, based on the response to my original post, but at least I know you are, considering it's your site! So the question I have is, where do I get a cheapo ticket from the frozen north to the balmy NZ area?!?!? Gad, I've seen your "It's winter here now" videos on xjet and I"m thinking..... hey, you're camera is still working?!?!?! Around where I live, cameras quit working long before winter actually arrives with its wonderful -40c+ temps! I'd love to make the trip down south and visit you all.... I'd even say hi to Barry, come to think of it, but I don't think it's in the cards for me..... However, you (and Barry... though I don't know why?!?!) should know that thanks to the modern marvel we know as the "Internet", I am "with you all" in spirit, and I wish you ALL the best. It would have been nice to have a group like yourselves here in kanuckistan, but alas.... it's not the case, as the locals here are too sophisticated for that!

So keep up the good work that you are all are doing.... it may not be seen by many, or appreciated for that matter, but from this gent..... you guys are the tops and *I* appreciate the fact that you go out of your way to make it available to *me*.

Regards

Kaptain "What do I know, except what I like" Zero

PS: Barry.... ignore what I wrote earlier.... I was just jesting..... You're as much part of the whole xjet/RCmodelsreviews as anyone else, and I love you for it.... in a manly sort of way of course!
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby disco stu » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:14 am

Yes, but 36 views. I agree with what your saying 100%. Its just unfortunate that often your (our) posts will go without a response, so people will naturally go to where someone responds to their rambling. I'm not meaning to say that bruce should be responding to all questions, as some people imply in their posts, he may have started the forums but he doesn't have to respond to all. With all the reviews he does off his own bat, the others that people request, other hobbies he may fill his day with, work, eating, sleeping etc, he sounds like a busy boy.

I did take what you said and put it into practice-there is a post on glassing and vac bagging in the help wanted section, there because there isn't a building section to put it in, and I want help :D There is a lot of talent on here. I would like to see these forums become a bit busier as well, I just didn't reply at first because I didn't think it was needed, only action
disco stu

Postby biggestgerbil » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi
I tend to agree with the fact that this is a relatively quiet forum.

However, I always think that "If you have nothing to say, then don't say it" some forums are full of folks that like the sound of their own keyboards but actually say very little.

For my own 2 cents worth I would like to thank Bruce for a great website and forum. I am selling all my DSM2 kit and buying FrSky on the strength of Bruce's recommendation. (Also my local Area Chief Examiner, who flies large and beautiful scale gliders with FrSky module in his JR)

Hope to talk with more members soon...

Ioan
biggestgerbil

Postby Sid Sideslip » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:31 pm

With nearly 1,500 registered users it is a bit of a puzzle why this board has a fairly low post rate. Then again, for those who do post and especially for those with questions/problems, most seem to get the info they are looking for pretty quickly.

Compare that to trolling through 150 pages or more of posts at RCGroups on popular topics, or plane discussions, to find what you want.

The irony is, that while most lurk and don't post much here, I post here and only lurk at RCGroups. :lol:
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby Oops » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:08 pm

I didn't see the original posting back in June. It is only recently that I scan the "new posts" for a subject which is applicable for me and this is one of them.

I presume some people are apprehensive to "talk" to the crowd and just listen and learn. Hoping that their question will be asked by others.

Some postings are not or are hardly reacted to and I presume if that happens ones too often that person will look elsewhere for answers. While for the basic stuff there will be ample expertise, but for more specific issues the audience may be small, even when there is a potential for 1500 reactions.

I am going to test this audience again soon with some specific questions. Let see what comes out of that ;-)

Btw, a great FPV flight yesterday, this time I got the camera to work.
Oops

Postby ergocentric » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:55 pm

I just saw this message too, spent the summer with my daughter and school starts Tuesday.

I would like to ad that it is also a newer message board when the 'competition' has an established fan base.

I think it will continue growing.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby cynr100 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:16 am

On my daily visit to the forum to check out any action and I found this thread. I would like to keep it alive if for no other reason than to sing praises for this Forum. I have surfed others and have been driven away by drivel, endless selfish single word or short sentence responses offering nothing other than personal interaction between select few. There may have been relevant info buried there but it seems to have been lost in the mass.
I have asked a few question here and have always received responses, all of them helpful without cynicism. I thankyou all.
Coming here is like wearing your favourite socks or in my case, my best Bintang singlet :-))
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:59 am

I look in once or twice a day knowing any info I pick up will be useful...

If I can help anyone I post... It's a quick easy forum to look round...

I try to stay away from RC Groups. If I have to go there I take a pack lunch...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Next

Return to Non-RC