Paid Attacks in the R.C. Hobby Business?

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

Paid Attacks in the R.C. Hobby Business?

Postby indianaflyer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Do you think there are R.C. companies and R.C. vendors that go to other R.C. sites and bash their competitors? I was talking with a friend about the Flight Test videos on YouTube and I saw some comments where people were bashing that one R.C. guy in China, AliAshmo(?) . My friend thinks people are paid to go online and attack other products. Now I'm thinking - who would pay someone to bash an R.C. product? Really, they are cheap foam and cheap motors from China. Who would really want to go to the expense of carrying out online attacks against their competitors? My friend says there is big money in the R.C. business and so he thinks people are paid to bash others.

I hear a lot of bad things about Banana Hobby. But Banana Hobby does have some good prices for foam warbirds. Are all the bad words from real customers or are some from competitors who want to increase their business?

I guess the main question is - do you trust all the reviews you read on online forums like R.C.Groups? I sure don't believe much in the R.C. magazines I buy. I've yet to read a bad review on anything in the three R.C. magazines I've bought. I really have not desire to buy any more paper magazines. Why when I can get more honest reviews here?
indianaflyer

Re: Paid Attacks in the R.C. Hobby Business?

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Well I know that at least one major US company regularly "bashes" RCModelReviews at trade shows and the like. I guess it's because they didn't like what I had to say and denied it all -- right up until they made the changes I said were essential.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby quarry44 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 pm

If you look at the average model forum,it's littered with advertising from every man and his dog.If a bit of bad-mouthing the opposition brings in more money,then I have no doubt some people will do so.
However,I doubt anyone gets paid to specifically to write bad reviews about other 's stuff.
Then again,if an employee of company A rubbishes the products of company B during their working hours,I guess they are in effect getting paid to do so.
In any case,the internet is the same as any other media,don't believe everything you hear or see!Just check out bruce's latest "safety" video.(That video was unsafe,Bruce.It made me spill my hot coffee in my lap :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
quarry44

Postby Keith » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 am

I lost all respect for ' AliAshmo' when he put the video up of him driving crazy on a freeweay... passing everything using the breakdown lane He took it down after so many bad comments..
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Return to Non-RC