Free up space for new pictures

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

Free up space for new pictures

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 pm

I found there was no room to post any pictures as the board allocation was used up.
I have freed up space by removing pictures from my old posts,
I suggest that if everyone does the same with their old posts we will be able to post more up to date stuff.
Wild Will is a bit of a culprit using up Gigabytes of space with his photos great as they are.
Perhaps everyone can have a bit of a prune...............!?
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Re: Free up space for new pictures

Postby Oops » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks for bringing this up, Bill. Perhaps the moderator of this group (Bruce Simpson?) can look into this. I ran into the same problem some time ago and thought it was me where the problem was.

Further added to the above, I don't know if the size (KB) can be specified. Some other groups have a maximum size/image. No good to load a 10MB image on my pc screen.

Rudy
Oops

Postby cynr100 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:54 pm

I have emailed Bruce but have not rec'd a reply, I wonder how WildWill gets his pics through as I am limited to 300kb max??
I will go through and start removing some of my extranious pics.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby iflylilplanes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:03 am

Bill,
If the pics I have in my posts are pulled in from Photobucket, are they classed as taking up space in the forums memory?
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:49 am

If they are pulled in from photobucket not hosted by it then they will use up space.
A link to photobucket won't use up space.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby iflylilplanes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:10 am

Good, I've been using links, so, it's not me.
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Return to Non-RC