Pulse jet Help wanted!

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

Pulse jet Help wanted!

Postby Terham » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi all!

This is going to be my first post on this forum! so here it goes :D

I'm bulding a Pulse jet as a project at my school.. but i have had some problems with it!

The problem is that the pulse jet just wont start! it's almost like i have build a flamethrower instead of a pulse jet hehe :lol: sometimes i get lucky and the pulse jet makes a small bang or a very short burrrr sound and that's it..I have been trying to figure out what the problem is, but without any luck :(

I have tried blowing air down the tailpipe to see if any air comes out of the air intake side... but the valves close and no air is getting out that way.

Another thing i have tried is to blow air through the air intake side and see how much air is coming out of the tailpipe.. and it aint much air coming through the tailpipe.. i can feel it on my hands, but it aint much... it's almost like the air is getting blown back out of the air intake side.

There are no leaks on the pulse jet.

Do you guys got any idea what the problem could be? any kind of help would be much appreciated ;)

I have attached a few pic of the pulse jet

Terham

Re: Pulse jet Help wanted!

Postby cynr100 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:16 pm

I have never built one myself but understand the principle, your valve plate looks far too rigid and may not be letting sufficient air to pass to satisfy the combustion chamber. You may also consider 4 larger intake holes than the 8 small, that principle works for hydraulic situations.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Return to Non-RC