GoodLuckBuy - Good Luck Getting It!

Have you had really good or really bad service from a supplier? Tell everyone here.

GoodLuckBuy - Good Luck Getting It!

Postby Hallmark » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Seems this place has the right name with a double meaning. I ordered a camera and SD card from them to record my FPV flights and they took my money (PayPal), but that was that. After a week I sent an email asking where my tracking number is and got back a 'so sorry we will send asap' message. Days later, nothing so I sent my 'are you trying to annoy me' email and the next thing I know, I got a refund because their supplier was 'out of stock'.

I wonder if these guys are a big bank investing in the overnight markets because one would assume that if they were out of stock they would have known faster than the week my cash sat there getting all sooty with Chinese smog...

Anyway GoodLuckBuy.com - Bye-Bye and Good Luck!!! I won't be back.

They get a big thumbs down from me! :twisted:

Hallmark
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Re: GoodLuckBuy - Good Luck Getting It!

Postby cynr100 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:20 pm

This mob has been on Bruce's s#@t list for a while, me thinks you got lucky ;)

http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/goodluckbuy.shtml
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 pm

I've been quite lucky with them... If I had a complaint it would be that they take a little longer than others... Always had orders arrive with no damage... With my last order, Rabbit FC and X525, I even got a follow up email making sure I was happy... They have a thread on RCGroups where they answer complaints...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby ergocentric » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:14 am

It took them one month to send shipping notification on one order, but the prices sometimes warrant waiting two months...
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby ergocentric » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:15 am

p.s. all items shipping included, so order only individual items
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:27 pm

With the X525 quadcopter frame I got from them I had that many packets of screws I got a headache just looking at them.. There was one bag of mixed and about six bags with 3mm, 4mm and plastic stand-offs. After about ten minutes I realized I am never going to need all these.. Turned out I only needed the mixed bag so my nuts and bolts box got a nice little upgrade...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby John_Edward » Fri May 04, 2012 7:10 pm

I only use these kind of sites to help me find stuff.
Then I go to Ebay and get it for cheaper, it ships faster, and because they have a reputation to keep, you get excellent customer service !

This of course doesn't work for everything, but so far there hasn't been anything I haven't found with a little bit of searching :)
Humanity is conformity
Conformity is society
Society is this reality
John_Edward

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)