foamboard

Have you had really good or really bad service from a supplier? Tell everyone here.

foamboard

Postby quarry44 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:27 am

This only applies to people in nz and oz.
Bunnings sells 5mm sheets of white foamboard for around $7.50.They also have black,but for some reason that is priced about $9.It's 30x20".
The white stuff has a semi-gloss paper on both sides,which takes paint very well.
Since using it in building my lazy bee,I've learned that you're supposed to soak at least one side of paper off,where the foam is going to be glued.
I used mostly hot glue,but the premium Gorilla glue is highly recommended by most foamy builders.Also available @ mr.Bunnings emporium.
Pity they don't sell any of the 3mm stuff.The price of balsa has really skyrocketed in the last few years :cry:
Oh,before i forget,they had a 2000w heatgun with 2 heat settings on special for $20!Bargain!I'm tempted to go back and get a spare one just to chuck in the cupboard.Heat guns don't last very long if used to strip paint off the house,which i believe was their original design function.
quarry44

Re: foamboard

Postby Malcurin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 am

wow good information *makes note* was looking for some cheap foam board
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)