FatShark Goggles and the Quality

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: FatShark Goggles and the Quality

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:22 am

Oops wrote:Those head trackers, hmm interesting. But I already need 10 channels and have only eight. Is there a way of put two FrSky receivers in serie?

There's nothing to stop you using a separate FrSky receiver to handle just the tracking information.

It would require a little pulse-generator to drive another FrSky module that would transmit only the head-tracker info -- perhaps, while I'm taking a breather from other reviews and stuff (yeah, right!), I should knock one up and show how this idea might work?
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby rogueqd » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:44 am

RCModelReviews wrote:There's nothing to stop you using a separate FrSky receiver to handle just the tracking information.
perhaps ... I should knock one up and show how this idea might work?

Do you ever feel like you need to clone yourself? :lol:
Yes it would be good. I'm sure there are many more good projects, but PLEASE finish the ones you've already started first.

(except of course a quick review of the Dominators so I can decide which goggles to get) :lol:

Back on topic, one of the things I didn't like about the 46 degree FOV is that it could make your eyes tied looking at the OSD info in the corners. There are specifications for home theater screens that say they shouldn't be bigger than x angle in y dimension as it strains your eyes when they have to move around too much to take in the picture. Really it would be great to have a high rez picture with a small FOV in the middle to display the OSD, with a low res peripheral vision picture at a large FOV surrounding it for the immersion effect.

My wife pointed out that a battery only lasts me around 30 mins so my eyes aren't going to get as tired as they might watching a movie.

Also, 46 degrees really isn't that big when you think about it. I did some quick calcs, and I think that the image sizes, compared to my 46" TV, should be about 2.2 meters away for 30 degrees and 1.4 meters away for 46 degrees. When I watch TV normally I sit about 2.8m away and it doesn't really look that big. I tried sitting 1.4m away and I was still quite aware of the wall around the TV.
rogueqd

Postby Oops » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:05 am

RCModelReviews wrote:It would require a little pulse-generator to drive another FrSky module that would transmit only the head-tracker info -- perhaps, while I'm taking a breather from other reviews and stuff (yeah, right!), I should knock one up and show how this idea might work?

That's the problem with us, we have all those ideas but not the time. But yes, show us a pulse generator, etc. At present I actually pan and tild my head but the camera doesn't follow. Just a natural thing and an odd thing to watch for the spotters around me.
Oops

Previous

Return to FPV