A new plane coming to Australia?

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

A new plane coming to Australia?

Postby Hallmark » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:01 pm

I hear (from a reliable source) that there's a new FPV platform on its way Down-Under and I might even have a photo or two to boot... Not a lot of detail as yet, but by the look of this thing it will be great!

It's called the Finwing Penguin and has been on sale in the US an Europe for a few months now. Looking at other forums (yes I have been exploring other places :o :shock: :? ) it is a winner on all levels.
Apparently Skywalker really need to look out because this bad boy is supposed to be stable, easy to fly (even for beginners) and have more payload and accessible space than anything in its class!!! I also heard that it has a stronger than anything on the market centre spar and the horizontal stab has unique reinforcement too, so will be glad to see what else I can find out from the one I ordered one from the US a while back. It just arrived, so the build and critique will soon be posted.

Looks like it's made in China too. 8-)

Finwing Penguin Model Photo.jpg
A flying Penguin???
Finwing Penguin Model Photo.jpg (104.56 KiB) Viewed 5970 times

Look at this a GoPro mounted inside on pan/tilt and another mounted outside too.

Penguin Canopy V2.jpg
Penguin Canopy V2.jpg (130.12 KiB) Viewed 5970 times

Oh this is too much - a down facing camera bracket too - I imagine you could get some great footage with this thing. :twisted: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Down Facing Camera Setup.jpg
Down Facing Camera Setup.jpg (55.29 KiB) Viewed 5970 times

I do know that these things will be here just after Christmas so don't go ordering them with costly delivery prices. I will post when I hear they're near. :D ;) :P

Guess Bruce needs to get hold of one of these flying Penguins and see what it can do... (Big HINT there Mr Importer!!!) ;)
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Return to FPV