Jim Drew of XPS wants FPV banned

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Jim Drew of XPS wants FPV banned

Postby ergocentric » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm

"Yep, there is no way that we would release a display-only telemetry setup. We could have done that 4+ years ago. Instead, we opted for telemetry data to come back on your PC for realtime viewing/recording by someone else while the flight is occurring. With the speech output we can now have a SAFE way to get telemetry information from the transmitter while flying. "

yup, five years almost to add a USB interface and hire a software engineer

Bleeding edge
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:33 am

Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby ianthony » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:16 am

Hi,

I am new to the site but not new to flying, got 30 years under my belt and starting with FPV because a friend of mine has a geo mapping company in Berlin (I am British).
It is fantastic and if used properly can really be a benifit to many different organisations. Of course a terrorist can use a model to cause harm but there are some things he has to be capable of like... Flying!
And the cost of all the equipment? 2 grand a pop just to cause some damage, if any?

@ Jim Drew - please take into account that autopilot systems are in place and if set up properly and the pilots obey the rules of the flying authorities then all should be sweet. Try it out for yourself, you´ll be amazed.
ianthony

Postby cynr100 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:39 am

Don't worry about Jim Drew check out his website http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/
Anti FPV I don't think so, terms "grain of salt" and "usedcar salesman" comes to mind.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Previous

Return to FPV