Emergency LiPo??

If you've seen a cool RC video on YouTube and you think it's worth sharing with the rest of us, post the link and a brief description here so we can all have a look.

Emergency LiPo??

Postby cynr100 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:26 am

Who would have thought......................... 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iflMpvM21Pk

Don't know if I would be tempted to continually carry my "spare" in the glove box though.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: Emergency LiPo??

Postby quarry44 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:28 am

Oh,I dunno,Den.People carry a plastic can with 5liters of petrol for the mower in the back of their car,so I don't think a Lipo is that dangerous.You could always pop it into one of those "safe" bags.Beats lumpin' around a jump starter.
Funnily enough,I do lug around one of those for my chargers when I go flying. :mrgreen:
quarry44

Postby cynr100 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:42 am

I was just thinking about one of those small jumpers to do just that, now that I am becoming more accomplished :roll: and have a few planes :lol: I generally get 2-3 flights before I munt them. My last flight before Xmas I went home with one bird completely unscathed.......................... I didn't fly it, my teacher did :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a Ford 4.0L ute :D , the ECU's and Smartlock modules don't like to be dicked with so I have held off charging in the field, I can then get home to do repairs :P
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Shotglass » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:07 pm

when i still had a crappy battery in my car i always used a 4s pack of the larger a123 cells for that
has the perfect voltage delivers the current easily and being life and metal canned cells its perfectly safe to carry around
i opted to carry it around in my backpack instead of the car though to keep the batteries warm and able to deliver the current when i needed it

pro tip dont do this when the battery is completely flat... i nearly melted a connector once with a battery that had 0 charge left in it
Shotglass

Return to YouTube RC videos worth watching