FPV low flying

If you've seen a cool RC video on YouTube and you think it's worth sharing with the rest of us, post the link and a brief description here so we can all have a look.

FPV low flying

Postby sindre » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:08 pm

Greetings. I threw together a few clips from our flying session last sunday. Planes were flown using the Sony 600tvl camera recommended by Bruce. Comments certainly welcome :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXqVVYDzZ1w
sindre

Re: FPV low flying

Postby Oops » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 am

Very impressive also considering that your fingers must have been frostbitten. Great to fly with other people. Question: how often have you recovered your bird from a tree top before you got to this level ;-)
Oops

Postby sindre » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:47 am

Fingers were good :) I'm using a Turnigy transmitter glove with the Hobbyking heater inside. It's brilliant!! And totally neccesary for keeping presicion on the controls. You are absolutely right about flying with other people enhances the experience, we're hopefully 5 fpv pilots atmy club soon (3 now). There's also a good bunch flying LOS, well actually we all to that. Luckily I've stayed clear of the trees for the most part. I don't really count the incidents where the plane is easily recoverable .. that's considered "unplanned landing" ;)

Here's the result of my first stab at FPV. The trusty 'ol AXN bought it here, look at the person in the bottom to get an idea of the height:
sindre

Postby Oops » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:31 am

Craazzy people! Regarding flying LOS, I think you guys have the skills to go one step up and wearing the video goggles with the picture of the camera following your plane ;-) Only problem is the person right at the back is flying blind.
Oops

Postby sindre » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:26 am

Hehe, that would be fun. I guess we could have the plane in from have the camera reversed :lol:

Had another stab at it last sunday. The conditions we not good, and the flat dull lighting really did not do the GoPro any favours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cZ0I9TgAUU

The video file on the last run got damaged due to the crash, and was unplayable. The really cool thing though was that the GoPro figured that out and actually repaired it! Got a cross symbol in the display and hey presto; the file got fixed!! I only lost the last 15-20 seconds or so ..
sindre

Postby sindre » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:29 pm

My first multirotor video, just a quick flight in nice sunlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyQ1RVSodQk
sindre

Postby cynr100 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Very nice vid, some ballsy flying there and an awesome place you live.
Can you post details of your multirotor setup. :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby sindre » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks. All the specs are in the video description (unless I forgot something :) )
sindre

Postby cynr100 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:07 am

sindre wrote:Thanks. All the specs are in the video description (unless I forgot something :) )

Ooops :shock: , it was me :roll: , nice setup the F1 of Quads.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby sindre » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:29 am

Yeah, it moves that's for sure. Actually it's a bit overpowered I guess, but I like having some extra grunt. Think my next quad will be a QAV400, that looks promising.
sindre

Next

Return to YouTube RC videos worth watching