Sony 700tvl Camera OSD Cable

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Sony 700tvl Camera OSD Cable

Postby quadTastic » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:58 am

Hi, first of all I love your YouTube channels! I watch them religously and can't wait for the next episodes. I have been building and tinkering with quads over the past year or so and I'm starting to to get to grips with things thanks to your channel and all the information you put out there - thank you!

Right, I have a board camera, a Sony 1/3" 700tvl Super Had. I bought it with the description saying " Setup for FPV " - hmm!

I use a pair of FatShark Dominator V2 goggles and I must say the picture looks great.

BUT !!

The camera is set to auto adjust for dark or light areas. When I zoom into dark areas from daylight with my QAV250 the video feed goes black for a few seconds which is a nightmare. I want to change the settings in the camera with an OSD menu cable.

Now heres the bit where you come in, would you be able to help me figure out what the pins do on the board and advise on how to make an OSD cable?

Here are some pics of the camera board itself ..

quadTastic

Re: Sony 700tvl Camera OSD Cable

Postby Nightfae » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:04 pm

I have a Sony 600TVL, maybe the pins are the same:

The one for the OSD menu cable is the widest of the 3 connectors.

It is labeled like this for my cam (left to right, while looking from the edge of the cam inward):

1 - GND
2 - Left
3 - Right
4 - Set
5 - Up
6 - Down
Nightfae

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)