Lack of new content

Do you have any general comments on the website or the RCModelReviews YouTube Channel? Post your complaints, your suggestions and your opinions here.

Lack of new content

Postby Yorkie » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:46 am

I shall prefix this post by saying I am an admirer of Bruce, for his knowledge, skills and enthusiasm.

I have been considering donating for a little while now after hearing Bruce was going to review items full time. I was expecting regular additions on the lines of those great reviews of the past. However I am not so sure now as there has been next to zero reviews for a long time with many promised ones still to appear. I log onto the YouTube channel for RCModelreviews every day hoping to find a new post. I am aware of the disgraceful treatment of Bruce lately by the NZ modelling organisation and his local council, not to mention that of the jet flyers and assume this has had an adverse effect on Bruce's plans. Is this site going to continue or fold?
Yorkie

Re: Lack of new content

Postby cynr100 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:09 am

Yorkie wrote: Is this site going to continue or fold?

It won't if we don't let it.
Don't leave everything up to Bruce, be like me, if you have something to contribute (useless or not) then do so.
Much to the hardliners chagrin, I (most times) use this site as a social outing :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Yorkie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:48 am

Well the good news is there has been some new content on the Youtube channel, the bad news is it is all FPV, not my cup of tea at all. Looks like I shall have to get my RC "fix" elsewhere in future.
Yorkie

Postby Stroman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:06 pm

I'll stay and I'll continue to donate. Bruce did state recently that several other projects were under way that were not FPV related. I myself am not a big FPV fan either but have gotten so much other good stuff from the site that I feel not continuing support will cause us to miss out on the next good thing to come along. I do feel the mess that has been ongoing has been a big distraction, along with the fact that Bruce's wife has needed his support after her terrible accident. He needs our support now more than ever. I don't feel you can keep a good man down. Some folks don't like his strong personality, and I can understand that too, but that is also part of what makes him who he is. I'll be sticking with him. 8-)
Stroman

Postby zann68 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:53 am

I've been on this site for a while now and I've noticed something or a trend. The lack of post now.....is the forum is dying :o ?!? I hope I'm wrong on this observation. I check almost everyday for new post or to see who is online. Very lacking. I wonder if the on going incidents with Bruce and his former comrades has taken a toll on this site and has pushed away the followers. :( Ohh well I hope I very wrong on this.

Jeff
Calm down!! Gravity has been checked, and it's still working
zann68

Postby cynr100 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 am

zann68 wrote: :( Ohh well I hope I very wrong on this.
Jeff

I agree that the traffic has been a little light, please don't take this as a sign the site is "devaluing". Quite a bit of this years' traffic has been attributed to either the back pack (and it's lack of progress) and the SWMAC debacle.

Bruce's input has waned somewhat, maybe he wants the kids out of the house and standing on their own two feet :lol: :lol:

Anyway I come here 2-3 times a day on the off chance I can contribute something worthwhile, if not I try and squeeze in a social comment if appropriate :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Gordon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:15 am

Hi folks,
The reduction in post activity is happening on many forums, and not just on RC/hobby/technical related forums.
I've noticed a reduction in activity on political/social issues type forums as well over the last month or two.
I think that there is a general world wide mood that "things" aren't good.

Just my 2 cents worth. :roll:
Gordon

Those who speak don't know, and those who know don't speak.
Gordon

Postby Yorkie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Well I have hung around as Bruce has put up some videos on his Youtube accounts. Will we ever see the Hobbyking turbine running or has Bruce given it back to them I wonder?
Yorkie

Postby cynr100 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:33 pm

The weather in NZ has been crap for some time, this could be a major reason for drop in content. That and Bruce has been busy fighting battles.
cynr100

Postby Yorkie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 am

Fair enough, I thought his battles had been fought. Good luck to him with the ongoing fight then.

I would still be keen to even see the turbine bench run to get Bruce's opinion of it. I shall wait patiently.
Yorkie

Next

Return to Feedback on this website