where are the New videos/reviews

Do you have any general comments on the website or the RCModelReviews YouTube Channel? Post your complaints, your suggestions and your opinions here.

Re: where are the New videos/reviews

Postby cynr100 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:24 am

Topgun77 wrote:It encourages people to not follow the rules. I know you might look at it as funny but come on its an active airport.
Safety needs to come first.

"Active" for Tokoroa is a bit of a misnomer. On a busy day they may get 3 aircraft movements, Bruce always has his radio on listening out, if he misses an inbound and does not clear the field I would bet my left that it would be the pilots error in not announcing the arrival.
The airfield is also used by the local car club as a drag strip, the northern approach has a dirt bike track and the southern a gocart track. The eastern side of the strip is a designated model aircraft area on CASA maps. If a fullsize "incident" occurred I would bet my right it would not be caused by any of these users, unless of course it was a Jet SIG member, appears they are allowed to flout the rules with impunity.
The "control tower" controversy is blown out of all proportion. It is not and has never been a "control tower" in reality a forest fire tower. This particular event was put together by members of the SWMAC to retire a much loved model plane, the planning was over a few weeks. To miss read this event as a momentary stupid decision one would be totally devoid of all the facts. I don't know of any CASA rules that were broken in "The Great Control Tower Controversy"
The truth is finally emerging that the "event" that caused the "intervention" of CASA was not this or any other "event" caused by or involving Bruce.
Bruce's only failure is that he has pissed off the hierarchy of the MFNZ and called them to task.
MFNZ's AGM is this month, I wonder if the situation will be dealt with or buried like it was at the last year. MFNZ has 2000+ members, at the last AGM only 120 or so members caste a vote. Hardly a representative body.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Topgun77 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:48 am

Yep fair enough. Just hope this thing gets sorted out.
As fair as I am concernd as long as safety comes first and I am sure Bruce is safe , this whole thing needs to come to an end.
In Aus you can't fly anywhere near airports due to saftey as far as I know. Hence the fact that in NZ they can fly at an airport they must realize saftey comes first. One person injured is one too much.

Looks like Bruce is a well know figure in the Rc world. As such I think he needs to realize his actions do influence people.
In my opinion the video he did flaunting the rules of MFNZ showed poor judgement. I know it was humorous but it just gave MFNZ more fuel for the fire. If something is ridiculous of injust it's everyone's right to speak out about it, but there is a right and wrong way. At the time of doing the video I am sure it just seemed like a bit of fun but it was just a slap in the face to MFNZ. Don't get me wrong it seems like some of the MFNZ rules need to be looked at, I just think a more respectful way of getting his point across would have been better. No one likes to be belittled or insulted and you should not be suprised when they retaliate. The thing is when your insulted it becomes a matter of pride. The way I see this at the moment it's not a saftey issue anymore, people have been insulted and it's now a matter of pride rather than logic.
Now I am not saying Bruce should do this because I am sure I don't have all the facts.
But I am will to bet if Bruce publically apologized to MFNZ not for his opinions but for the way he has been expressing them I bet this would get resolved quite quickly. He is doing himself no favors continually and publically call them "grumpy old men ( even if that's what they are :) "
People will be able to work this out for themselves without him directly insulting them.
He needs to be a bit more diplomatic with his thoughts and opinions about MFNZ. That way no one can accuse him of being insulting and they will just have to deal with the facts. That's my 2 cents worth.
Anyhow does anyone know if this has been resolved ? Does Bruce have his wings back yet ?
Topgun77

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:58 am

You can sit out the front with the 50" and surround sound

I begin to sense you may have a sadistic side.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Au contraire my dear friend, the front room has a more comfortable lounge, you just have to share it with my 10kg cat he is the sadistic one.

I missed the Aus v B&I Lions game, it was on bloody pay TV. There goes another sport I will give up following :evil:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Topgun77 wrote:Anyhow does anyone know if this has been resolved ? Does Bruce have his wings back yet ?

If fair play was involved this situation would never have happened.
If Bruce could find somewhere to fly greater than 4km from an active airfield he would not have to but up with the rubbish that MFNZ has put him through.
Don't kid yourself that the executive of MFNZ are all fair and reasonable, they are not. You may even find that one of them is a power hungry and egotist.

Here is a good read from the MFNZ forum site, muddle through it all and I'm sure you will get the impression it's not all beer and skittles within the MFNZ.
http://modelflyingnz.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119
cynr100

Postby Topgun77 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 am

There are so many opinions out there about Bruce. Some love him others hate him.
Too much to go through. The think I couldn't quite get my head around was wht didn't he just follow thw MFNZ rules.
What was the real issue. I just don't get how it got so out of hand.
Is there someting I am missing here ?
Topgun77

Postby cynr100 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:27 am

It is a very long and involved story, most of the comments are emotive based on assumptions, hearsay and vindictiveness. MFNZ have never come forth with solid evidence substantiating their reason for their actions against SWMAC and/or Bruce.
A member of MFNZ has even applied to CASA, through freedom of information, to uncover what correspondence took place. That in itself will be very interesting.
Bruce may have upset people in the passed, who hasn't, this has turned into a vindictive turf war. Keep an eye on the previous link I posted, looks like it will be the best source of information as to the current or developing position.

"When you are up to your arsehole in alligators it is very hard to remember that the initial problem was to drain the swamp"
cynr100

Previous

Return to Feedback on this website