dealextreme

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Re: dealextreme

Postby Kris » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:35 am

Just got this e-mail containing a link that may be worth watching http://blog.dealextreme.com/what-happen ... r=90000324
Kris

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:55 am

Yes, I watched that video the day it was uploaded and I posted a comment -- interestingly enough, *my* comment seems to have been deleted -- along with my questions in the forums and my access to DX customer support.

Check out their YouTube channel, especially the comments on this video

I was happy to continue waiting for my order -- until some forum moderator took exception to my questioning whether DX's new systems were working and threatened me with defamation -- then deleted my posts and barred me from making new posts.

That's when I realized that something very bad is happening at DX and it's probably a lot worse than they're letting on.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby wacko911 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:06 am

Kris, whoever sent it is getting referals from that link r=XXXXXXXXX on the end of it.
wacko911

Postby Kris » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:40 am

I think referrals or not, if they don't actually improve their game it could be the end of the game.
Kris

Postby ergocentric » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:06 pm

did anyone else get the sorry we're swamped email?

Dear , {Gweilo} {did I spell that right?}
You may find your solution in this video!

{insert crap video here that I did not watch}

DX has been dedicated to the whole order proccessing!
Your orders are being accelerated and your support are highly appreciated!
Dealextreme Team
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
This email message was sent from a notification-only email address that cannot accept incoming email.
If you no longer wish to receive product offer emails from us, please click here.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby kaptain_zero » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Nope, didn't get any emails here except for the one regarding a video.

For the record, I missed all the kerfuffle about DX before placing 4 individual orders starting March 8th through March 12th and they all seemed to process and ship promptly... Then again, I've not received any of them yet, but that is normal with 3 weeks being the usual shipping time to me from HK/China. I did place another order on March 20th for a screwdriver kit and they are obviously waiting for product to arrive as it is still showing as payed. I've got two of these kits from before and I'm quite pleased with them. Each time I ordered a set, it would take a few days for it to show as packaged and shipped.

I don't doubt for a second that it was a bumpy road after the upgrade and seeing China has a different holiday scheme than the western world, it probably seemed like a good idea to make the massive upgrade during the New Year holidays. Nothing ever goes to plan of course, so there they were.... struggling to get things back on track.

As for the heavy handed moderating Bruce experienced.... It shouldn't have happened, but I suspect it was someone who speaks Chinese as their first language, doing a "reverse Chinglish" translation and may have taken something as an insult rather than constructive criticism and promptly pushed the *RED* button. Like I said, it should not have happened, but then I see this happen all over the Internet, heavy handed mods who like to (ab)use their authority, no matter the consequences and that's *without* adding a language barrier!

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 pm

Actually, the forums aren't moderated by DX themselves -- it's other customers who have been given honorary moderator status. I guess these people get "free stuff" in return for managing the forums.

The guy who biffed me was called "Celtic Warrior" and I've noticed him delete a lot of stuff and be quite rude to other DX customers who are just anxious about the situation with their orders or refunds.

The worst person to have as a moderator is someone who wants to be one -- little Hitlers are often attracted to this kind of power and status :-)

The situation at DX still seems highly variable. There are plenty of folks highly pee'd off (although Celtic Warrior is doing his best to "clean" the forums) but an increasing number of folks are starting to get what they ordered. Unfortunately, it appears that they're now processing new orders before those that have been in the system for months.
RCModelReviews

Postby Kris » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:37 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:Actually, the forums aren't moderated by DX themselves -- it's other customers who have been given honorary moderator status. I guess these people get "free stuff" in return for managing the forums.

The guy who biffed me was called "Celtic Warrior" and I've noticed him delete a lot of stuff and be quite rude to other DX customers who are just anxious about the situation with their orders or refunds.

The worst person to have as a moderator is someone who wants to be one -- little Hitlers are often attracted to this kind of power and status :-)

The situation at DX still seems highly variable. There are plenty of folks highly pee'd off (although Celtic Warrior is doing his best to "clean" the forums) but an increasing number of folks are starting to get what they ordered. Unfortunately, it appears that they're now processing new orders before those that have been in the system for months.

Sounds like "Screw the old customer base, lets just get some new ones..." scenario. I wonder how far will that get them?
Kris

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Given the number of postings that say "I will never buy from DX again" -- they probably figure they've got nothing to lose by looking after those orders that are worst affected.
RCModelReviews

Postby kaptain_zero » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:57 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:Actually, the forums aren't moderated by DX themselves -- it's other customers who have been given honorary moderator status. I guess these people get "free stuff" in return for managing the forums.

Ah.... that's what I get for not participating in the DX forum.... lacking information.....

RCModelReviews wrote:The worst person to have as a moderator is someone who wants to be one -- little Hitlers are often attracted to this kind of power and status :-)

Oh so true!

RCModelReviews wrote:The situation at DX still seems highly variable. There are plenty of folks highly pee'd off (although Celtic Warrior is doing his best to "clean" the forums) but an increasing number of folks are starting to get what they ordered. Unfortunately, it appears that they're now processing new orders before those that have been in the system for months.

Hopefully things will get better at DX as they do have a nice selection of items that interest me, forum notwithstanding.....<sigh>

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)