dealextreme

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Re: dealextreme

Postby propfella » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:16 am

Sounds like the moderators came out of the same mold as Hobbyking's
propfella

Postby Daedalus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm have a small drama with them as well at the moment. I made a purchase using PayPal on the 5/3/12, which shows as shipped on the 11/3/12, but no show yet and no answer from DealXtreme. I had a second package that I paid for on the 7/3/12 and it arrived on the 30/3/12, but the first one has not arrived.I guess I should wait till next week before advising PayPal? I note on Dealextreme forums that they appear to be giving veiled comments about lodging complaints through PayPal before giving a reasonable time for delivery. i have previously bought a number of items from this company, but I have always made sure I have not made too big an order as they are pretty slow with delivery nd that has always made me nervious. goods that are due only have a value of us$12, so its not a big drama for me, but I hope this warning helps someone thats about to make a large purchase.
Daedalus

Postby Daedalus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Not sure about this, but it appears Dealextreme has been sold. Here is a link to the statement http://club.dealextreme.com/forums/Foru ... id.1156709 . It maybe dodgy though as it was posted on the 1st april, so who konws. If its correct, where will all the people with orders prior ot that date be left, I wonder.
Daedalus

Postby Daedalus » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:21 am

Order update - its arrived and all is well. Only taken 4 weeks since it was supposed to have been sent, but anyway its here and just in time for the Warbirds over Wanaka
Daedalus

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:23 am

Lucky man! I'll give it a bit longer before I chance my arm again. There's still a 1 week delay in answering customer-service tickets, according to their forums.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby merseyless » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:58 am

Daedalus wrote:Not sure about this, but it appears Dealextreme has been sold. Here is a link to the statement http://club.dealextreme.com/forums/Foru ... id.1156709 . It maybe dodgy though as it was posted on the 1st april, so who konws. If its correct, where will all the people with orders prior ot that date be left, I wonder.

It was an April fools joke unfortunately...
merseyless

Postby FlyingTiger » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:42 pm

I placed a small order on March 31. Shipped and tracking number provided April 14. Exactly 2 weeks between order and shipping. Not great, but I'm getting my stuff. :)
Gear up and locked!
FlyingTiger

Postby FlyingTiger » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 pm

My order has arrived. Exactly 4 weeks between ordering and delivery. I'm not disappointed.
Gear up and locked!
FlyingTiger

Postby kaptain_zero » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:28 am

For the record, all the orders I made after Bruce's comments have now arrived... I cannot point solely at DX for the long delay... there have been problems at Canada Post and Customs Canada, but all items eventually arrived..... No wrong bits, no missing bits, just the stuff I ordered. I've even placed a couple more orders, but I do not expect to see them arrive in less than 4 weeks. Heads up though... make sure you check around regarding pricing... I've found items at DX that cost more than buying locally.... I think perhaps the days of "Everything is cheaper from China" is slowly coming to an end.... well..... at least the stuff I'm interested in!

Regards

Kaptain "Giving dues where dues are warranted" Zero
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:24 am

Sounds good -- I may give them another try now and see how they're performing.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)