dealextreme

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Re: dealextreme

Postby kaptain_zero » Fri May 11, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm sure you will let us how how it works out for you, Bruce.

In the meantime, I've placed a few more "trinket" orders with DX and except for one for a UniT meter which took about 8 days to get going, the rest seem to move along as they used to in the "Olden Days". As in the past, it appears that some things are not stocked by DX but rather they get it from the supplier after an order is placed... notably that UniT clamp meter I ordered.

I do feel the need to point out that I only order one or two items per order. If I want 10 things from DX, I'll always split them up so if a package gets lost or whatever, I'm not out a hugh sum of money. I don't think I would ever feel good about ordering a $100+ item from DX.... then again, I might feel more comfortable about that than then ordering it from an unknown company in China. I will say this, DX has never lost an order I've made, though they did bugger one up a long time ago, and I got something I never ordered. They did fix that one, no problems.

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby jbcoop » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:08 am

I ordered some Li Ions on 13 May (Sunday night), was emailed they had been sent on 18 May, and they arrived 1 June. A total of 18 days (or 19 depending on if you include part days). That seems fine to me.
jbcoop

Postby Ampair » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:10 am

I ordered some stuff from them, part of the order was shipped by them in 4 days and arrived last week, the balance arrived today. Deal Extreme paid the extra shipping cost, and with the improved website now, they appear to be better than they ever were. Took a while to sort the system, but good things do take time :-)
Ampair

Postby disco stu » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:28 am

Placed an order with DX in january or february. Still hadn't turned up a few months later. Took a bit of farting around to get it sorted, but they did resend the order and I got that one not long after. When the replacement was taking a little too long to send I just asked about it, and they sped the process up for me.

So it took 3 months or something to get it sorted out, but they did sort it out and i got what I ordered eventually. Staff where helpful. Credit where its due
disco stu

Postby Andyone » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 am

I tried to buy a couple of items from DX, knowing what I was getting into having read the the guff on this company. I placed my order for an Arduino micro and a gyro board to make a head tracker for FPV. So I tried to pay with Paypal but Paypal said I had to transfer the full amount from my bank account into my Paypal account before the transaction could go ahead and this would take up to 7 days. So I transferred enough to cover the currency conversion from GBP to USD and waited. Some days later I had an email telling me the funds had been transferred, all well and good. No, by this time the cheaper Arduino board was out of stock and the next most expensive one was the only choice. But now I didn't have enough funds in my Paypal account to cover the transaction. Only sensible action was to give up and order the items from somewhere else which I did.

The question is, why does Paypal insist I transfer the money to them before I can place the order. Is it that they regard DX as so dodgy they need to do it this way for their own protection. In my limited experience with Paypal I've not come across this problem before.
Andyone

Postby cynr100 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Link a credit card to your PayPal account, that way you will get recourse protection from PayPal and your credit card provider. Remember that PayPal are not a bank nor do they extend credit so you need to provide access to funds at the time of purchase. ;)
Credit card is the easiest way or use PayPal like a bank and always leave funds in there.

I pay for most things online with PayPal and depending upon the time of the month my credit card provides extended credit (up to 55 days) as long as I pay the card account in full by the due date no fees no interest :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby AshleyB32 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 pm

you can do instant payment via paypal with a bank account but you need to verify the account with paypal, once thats done it dos'nt need to transfer the funds first it will process straight away and the money will be debited from your account, i do it all the time works well
AshleyB32

Postby Andyone » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 am

I have a fully verified business account with paypal and yet they still insisted on me manually transferring the money from my bank to their holding account before they would move on the transaction rather than the usual direct-debit route. This doesn't happen with any other purchases.

I have to say the experience put me off purchasing or attempting to from DX ever again.

A.
Andyone

Previous

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)