2.4GHz Turnigy 9x alternative antennae

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

2.4GHz Turnigy 9x alternative antennae

Postby Pader » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Hello folks,
I am relatively new at RC systems and I wonder if anyone can help with a query concerning antennae on the 9x system. I have been reading a lot on the efficacy of the Cloverleaf and SP antennae. I wonder, is it possible to fit these antennae in place of the original equipment units on both the TX and RX? What I had in mind was to fit an RP-SMA adaptor to the top of the TX so that I had the option of fitting the antenna directly to the top of the unit but giving me the alternative to use an extension cable to a future auto-tracking system. Also, the receiver unit supplied with the Turnigy has a single wire and not the two separate wires mentioned in the tutorials. Is it possible to fit a similar RP-SMA (but two antennae) arrangement to the RX.

Having watched Bruce's video tutorial on constructing a cloverleaf, what would be the effect of having two, slightly different tuned antennae on the TX and RX. What I meant is to tune to the first third of the band on one and the next third point on the other?

Please, when you have all stopped laughing, give me some constructive advice on this subject :oops:
Pader

Re: 2.4GHz Turnigy 9x alternative antennae

Postby xupapugy » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:41 pm

The construction sector continues to evolve, the synergy between traditional craftsmanship and cutting-edge digital tools will pave the way for smarter, more resilient, and retaining wall services environmentally conscious structures that define the cities of the future.
xupapugy

Postby xupapugy » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:41 pm

The landscape of medical treatments is continually evolving, propelled by scientific breakthroughs and technological innovations. These advancements not only hold the promise of improved outcomes for patients but also is type 2 diabetes genetic redefine the possibilities within the healthcare domain.
xupapugy

Postby xupapugy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:11 pm

Building coverage protects the structure of your home including Property damage exceeds insurance coverage the foundation electrical and plumbing systems and built in components such as cabinets and flooring.
xupapugy

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers