Stupid fellow!

Motors, speed controllers, batteries and other e-power stuff

Stupid fellow!

Postby quarry44 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:36 am

Whilst running up the 2 motors on my Canadair today,I made the most stupid mistake I have made in 25-odd years of playing with rc planes.I had it sitting on the bench,on top of a sheet of the light foam wrapping the plane came in.As the motors spun up,the foamy stuff got sucked up and shredded by the right prop.This was no problem,but without thinking I tried to hold the foam down,resulting in said prop doing it's best to remove my finger.
There was lots of blood,but once cleaned up,the cuts didn't seem too bad.SWMBO wrapped a bandage around the offending digit,and I'm now reduced to typing with my index finger.
What I'm trying to impress on especially beginners,is that ,no matter how much experience you have,if you don't always give things your full and undivided attention,things can go pear-shaped very quickly.
I'm not going to put up any gory pictures,so you bloodthirsty types will just have to give your imagination free rein :mrgreen: .
quarry44

Re: Stupid fellow!

Postby cynr100 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:52 am

I'll second that, this event
The attachment 450 wrap.JPG is no longer available

Yes that's the flybar wrapped around the shaft, I have removed all the wiring it was in the same place :roll: , main rotors were not attached at the time but the tail was resulting in
Post stitches.JPG
Post stitches.JPG (55.14 KiB) Viewed 9307 times

and that's 1 week after stitches were removed :shock: ....................... :lol: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: Stupid fellow!

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:23 am

I've heard of EDF fans being obliterated in seconds after sucking in plastic bags while being run up on the bench.

Then there was the guy who was setting up a very cheap heli (with the blades on) and found that the throttle was reversed so what did he do?

Yep, flipped it to reverse with the stick at the full throttle position and the heli shot up to the roof, took out the light and crashed back onto the bench.

You have to love electric eh? ;D
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to Electric Power Systems