If you haven't seen this already....

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

If you haven't seen this already....

Postby aidan284 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:08 am

Hi everyone, I only just found this video about this on the net today and thought i might share it with you.
http://www.3news.co.nz/Model-aero-club- ... fault.aspx
Read some of the comments etc.
cheers
aidan284
If you don't know it, Look it up
aidan284

Re: If you haven't seen this already....

Postby iflylilplanes » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:43 am

Good on Bruce, that news article can only do good for the SWIM teem, maybe someone in authority will actually talk to the complainers, if they exist.
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Postby cynr100 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:47 am

For those who want to get up todate with SWIM start here, sit back relax and enjoy the ride OR not:

http://www.rcfnz.org.nz/discussions/vie ... ?f=18&t=60

Be warned it's a fair bit of reading, it may anger, upset and frustrate you. (It did me, I have some posts there) If you are (mistaken in) thinking media coverage will generate support in NZ to help SWIM try this, a response by the President of MFNZ to Bruce:
"You recently stated that you honestly believed the Council was corrupt and ought to be stood-down. Therefore, you will be disappointed to learn that the same councilors were re-elected at the recent AGM,168 votes to 1. (Total of attendees, proxy and postal votes)"

Yep, 168 votes to 1, MFNZ membership is 2000+, do the sums, that is less than 15% of members voted :shock: ,if you can't get 50% of the members interested :?: :?:

Lethargy rules, this has turned into a stick poking game with no winners. :cry:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:02 am

cynr100 wrote:For those who want to get up todate with SWIM start here, sit back relax and enjoy the ride OR not:

http://www.rcfnz.org.nz/discussions/vie ... ?f=18&t=60

:Grabs some popcorn:
You can call me Al
drg964

Postby Yorkie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:59 am

Why on earth hasn't a member of SWMFC or SWIM lodged a complaint of unsafe flying practices against the jet blokes? Surely this would then need to be investigated by MFNZ, or have I missed something?
Yorkie

Postby cynr100 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi Yorkie,

MFNZ don't like being told what they should do, Bruce tried last year to have a few things changed and try a few new things. Got shouted down, apparently he is hated, detested and mistrusted by all who hold power (elected or not) in the MFNZ. Apparently making money out of a hobby is frowned upon, especially YouTube, how absolutely despicable.
President of the MFNZ is a hobby shop owner/operator...........................
If MFNZ are right and Bruce is "wrong" why then was the first item at the AGM to vote against a record of the meeting, then have the existing Councillors re-elected enmasse, unopposed with only 15% of the 2000+ members having recorded a vote. Something is very wrong with the organisation.

MFNZ councillors are now instilling themselves into the Parkfliers and RCFNZ forums, making out to be the saviours of model fliers, conjuring up these wonderful ideas that were mooted last year by guess who................................
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Yorkie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 am

I got the impression Bruce isn't liked by some in NZ modelling circles, however he has my respect and gratitude for his efforts in our fine hobby. My question remains though why one of the other thirty odd members have not yet complained, particularly if there is some hard evidence. Even bypass the modelling body and lay the complaint with the aviation authority as it may be some of their regulations have been breached.

So go on the front foot or has this now run it's course?
Yorkie

Postby Andyone » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:40 pm

I remember seeing a warning years ago about posting crashes on the internet because local authorities are so hidebound by health and safety rules that they will use any excuse to shut a club down. The rule is DON'T POST CRASHES even if YOU know they were harmless ones and especially if people are seen laughing about it. The hobby is very widely misunderstood by the general public and it really only serves to get them against you or at the very least deriding you.

Andy.
Andyone

Postby cynr100 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 am

Are you missing the guys from SWMAC/SWIM, the dulcet tones of Barry........ :o the technical repartee from Ron :shock: the general allround sympathy to a downed flyer :cry: :lol: :lol: .............go here, now that Bruce is unable to do the reporting, and show some support.

http://www.youtube.com/user/3dkat1/videos

And a big thankyou to 3dkat1 for maintaining the tradition in such shitty circumstance :D
cynr100

Return to Non-RC